The Student Room Group

Chemistry AS Unit 1 CCEA 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carokelly123
sorry I don't have it! it was about 3 weeks ago too so I cant remember the questions haha

No problem and I would hate to bring back the memories lol
Original post by Medicine2016app
what type of protein was it?

Conjugated protein
Original post by ozmo19
Question 1 was C - 9?
It said pairs of electrons not single electrons, to trick people to go for 18.
Do you have the question paper?

I don't remember the question for 5 but I went for B. Went for C and B for 9/10

I thought this aswell! My boyfriends tutor has the unofficial mark scheme I can remember thinking D was a trick for the first one because i put C aswell... so not really sure with that one might be a mistake on behalf of the tutor?... Hope we are right though!!
Anyone any predictions for the essay for Bio unit 2 next week?
Reply 64
Original post by jmcardle587
Anyone any predictions for the essay for Bio unit 2 next week?

I haven't started revision or past papers so not yet:frown:
Original post by ozmo19
I haven't started revision or past papers so not yet:frown:

I don't even know what essay they could ask that i'd even be fully comfortable answering yet.... will be a late Wednesday night :frown:
Original post by ozmo19
I said that exact explanation for conjugated. I drew the dandelion the opposite way because I had no idea:redface:
Should we make a group for Chem 2?

It was the other way because water had moved out of the strip causing it to flip over the other side and the dark strip is its support so in pure water it was turgid so it pushed against causing it to go the other way when water moved out
Reply 67
Original post by Alexmcmullan1997
It was the other way because water had moved out of the strip causing it to flip over the other side and the dark strip is its support so in pure water it was turgid so it pushed against causing it to go the other way when water moved out

Hopefully i picked up those two marks then. The explanation though was just for change in pure water right?
can someone help me with june 2011 q6 please :biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by Carokelly123
can someone help me with june 2011 q6 please :biggrin:

This was such a bad question that year. It is the worked example in Pg 208 in the Glassey textbook
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ozmo19
Hopefully i picked up those two marks then. The explanation though was just for change in pure water right?

I think so 👍🏻👍🏻
Thoughts on today's chemistry????
Reply 72
Original post by groovygrace143
Thoughts on today's chemistry????

It was much easier than june 14/15 in my opinion. Wasn't sure how to do the last 3 mark question so had to guess really. Overall quite happy.

Does anyone remember their answers for the multiple choice?
Did any one get a final answer for the last question?
Original post by ozmo19
It was much easier than june 14/15 in my opinion. Wasn't sure how to do the last 3 mark question so had to guess really. Overall quite happy.

Does anyone remember their answers for the multiple choice?
Did you get a final answer for the last question??
Original post by Tommmmmm22

what was the last question?

I think I got like 2.32 grams? Not sure?
Reply 77
Original post by Tommmmmm22

I think I got like 2.32 grams? Not sure?

You had to calculate the mass of butanol for a certain reaction.

I got something like around 2300-2400g. You had to convert to kJ after the first part because it was kJ/mol. I think groovy grace we got the same answer but you didn't change to kJ?

I'm really not sure, thats what i think anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hopefully that won't be too many marks lost. Can't say I was overly happy with that paper, I found it quite tricky
Reply 79
Hopefully that won't be too many marks lost. Can't say I was overly happy with that paper, I found it quite tricky

It was nice up until 14 and 15. They were really tricky in particular. Q10 on multiple choice was hard too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending