The Student Room Group

Chemistry AS Unit 1 CCEA 2016

Scroll to see replies

would follow through marks be given if the intermediate was drawn with the two structures that you gave, I'm sure i got them right but still, incase i didn't?
Original post by ozmo19
You had to calculate the mass of butanol for a certain reaction.

I got something like around 2300-2400g. You had to convert to kJ after the first part because it was kJ/mol. I think groovy grace we got the same answer but you didn't change to kJ?

I'm really not sure, thats what i think anyway.

wait so is 2.32g wrong? I got that too
Original post by Carokelly123

Got that too! What did everyone get for the multiple choice about chloroethane? Options were SOCl2, PCl5, Cl2 in sunlight or NaCland H2SO4

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TomFitness
Got that too! What did everyone get for the multiple choice about chloroethane? Options were SOCl2, PCl5, Cl2 in sunlight or NaCland H2SO4

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did Cl2, wasn't sure though between it and the NaOH answer, how about you?
Reply 84
Original post by Carokelly123

I think it is but thats just my opinion. It was kJ/mol and you all did 84000J and not 84kJ so when you divided to get moles we got different answers.

There's a good chance I'm totally wrong.
Reply 85
Original post by Medicine2016app
I did Cl2, wasn't sure though between it and the NaOH answer, how about you?

Original post by TomFitness

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did Cl2 in sunlight too. And 16.1 for last multiple choice question
Original post by ozmo19
I did Cl2 in sunlight too. And 16.1 for last multiple choice question

I went for NaCl though I'm pretty sure I got 9/10 in MC, so I'll take that! I thought it was one of the easy exams they've brought out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozmo19
It was nice up until 14 and 15. They were really tricky in particular. Q10 on multiple choice was hard too.

What was qu ten?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending