The Student Room Group

Aqa a level english language and literature new spec coursework help

The new spec for the AQA A2 level English language and literature course includes 20% coursework which is about making connections.

The research essay requires you to compare how a theme is explored in a fictional novel and compare this to how it would be represented in non-fiction. For example, for fiction, if you were to choose J.B Priestley's An Inspector Calls, you could compare this to a non-fiction transcript of a modern day police interview.

I'm looking at doing The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I'm looking at women and power and just wondering can anybody think of any non-fiction texts which I could compare it to. I've been thinking about The Diary of Anne Frank talking about desparation but I'm also thinking about President Snow's Speech before the games and maybe comparing this to a modern day speech by a president or a historical piece like Churchill's Pre-war speech.

Has anybody got any ideas or any suggestions which may be helpful. Would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest