The Student Room Group

New to UK A levels. Where to start? (as a private candidate)

Greetings people! I am currently living in singapore and did singapore - cambridge GCE A Levels(H2 levels) last year for the whole study duration of 6 months as a private candidate. H2 meaning I've already covered both As and A2 levels in the UK system. I took physics, Chem and maths. Got my results earlier March and well, not so great and therefore I would like to retake the A levels again but this time I am taking the uk ones as to favor slightly easier version compared to singapore A levels. I know 6 months was a bit rushed for my study pace but I did not regret. I ultimately want to get into a biomedical science course in a UK uni possibly and right now I am deciding whether I should do the AS levels or A2 levels of cie bearing in mind I only have 4 months left for the October exams. Then theres the edexcel exams. I am kinda confused on which exams/exam board to register and which extra subjects I should take apart from physics, maths & Chem. I have the basic knowledge for all the topics of As&A2 physics, maths, Chem but regarding my ability to cope, I can get at least C for AS level ‘right now’ for the three subjects. Furthermore, I am taking as a private candidate meaning I also have to take practical for Chem & physics?? Can I take written paper 3 instead?? Another thing is English is not my first language so, I don't even know if I need ielts considering the fact that Ive gotten B3 English in GCE O levels/igcse. Pls advice me, thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest