The Student Room Group

Weird relationship with my teacher??

Its so embarrassing typing this.

Basically, today he asked me a question and then he went on to tap my hair like i am a dog.

Also he sometimes asked inappropriate questions which i think are personal to be discussed in front of the whole class.

Its just really wierd.

Scroll to see replies

And the question is....?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nobody has the right to put their hands on you.

Report him to the school :smile:
How old are you and how old is the teacher?
If you feel uncomfortable, definitely speak with your friends (if you feel comforable, that is) just to check if they see it too, and then report it to someone higher up. (Head of year or headteacher)
example of an inappropriate question :curious:
my teachers "tap on my head" to praise me for doing good work :yep:
Original post by Anonymous
How old are you and how old is the teacher?

Completely irrelevant. Anything between a student and a teacher is illegal, no matter the age gap, as the teacher is in a position of power over the student.
Does he just do it to you, or everyone? Maybe he's just strange
I would tell him:
"Sir but I think ur being really weird.Get out of my life before I tell the police and they take u out forever."
or....run
Original post by georgiaswift
Completely irrelevant. Anything between a student and a teacher is illegal, no matter the age gap, as the teacher is in a position of power over the student.

I'd like it if a hot female teacher tried to seduce me :smile: off topic I know but I just felt like saying it haha
Original post by Anonymous
Its so embarrassing typing this.

Basically, today he asked me a question and then he went on to tap my hair like i am a dog.

Also he sometimes asked inappropriate questions which i think are personal to be discussed in front of the whole class.

Its just really wierd.

Cmon tapping you on the head is hardly him wanting to have sex with you lol, if that's the kind of weird you're talking about
tell someone if it really bothers you, tell your friends at least and see if they've noticed it too. if it still carries on i wouldnt hesitate to tell someone
Tell him you cant tap that. This way both problems will be solved
Original post by Passion Fruit
Nobody has the right to put their hands on you.
Report him to the school :smile:

This is laughable. The teacher tapped OP's hair, and has allegedly asked an unspecified question that the OP did not want to answer in front of the class; that is no excuse to be so trigger happy to report the teacher to the school for what seems like nothing more than minor discomfort (if that is indeed all it was, without further detail).

Don't be absurd, the culture of kids being encouraged to act as victims at even the slightest dissatisfaction is not to be encouraged.
Anything between a student and a teacher is illegal...

Anything?
Original post by melisss22
tell someone if it really bothers you, tell your friends at least and see if they've noticed it too. if it still carries on i wouldnt hesitate to tell someone

I'd speak with the teacher first tbh. It depends what OP means, like sexual questions(infront of whole class id imagine not)
This thread is...

Spoiler

Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
This is laughable. The teacher tapped OP's hair, and has allegedly asked an unspecified question that the OP did not want to answer in front of the class; that is no excuse to be so trigger happy to report the teacher to the school for what seems like nothing more than minor discomfort (if that is indeed all it was, without further detail).

Don't be absurd, the culture of kids being encouraged to act as victims at even the slightest dissatisfaction is not to be encouraged.

Unless there is good reason such as the protection of themselves, others or property teachers shouldn't be touching students for any reason at all.
Original post by Passion Fruit
Unless there is good reason such as the protection of themselves, others or property teachers shouldn't be touching students for any reason at all.

So the proportionate response is to bring the teacher's career into question for what is effectively a tap on the head? Judging by your post, even accidental contact constitutes punishment of the teacher and all this achieves is to build a victim mentality into kids, an air of invincibility. Completely inappropriate reaction to what the OP has described.

If the student is under 18 surely this is more serious for him to be making inappropriate comments?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending