The Student Room Group

Why is the rate of a reaction faster when the temp. is higher?

?

Thanks
Reply 1
When the temperature is higher, each molecule is moving faster. This means that in a given time period, more collisions will occur between molecules, leading to a reaction. Also, the molecules will have a greater kinetic energy, so they will be more likely to collide with higher energy than the activation energy, which is required for them to react.
Reply 2
When the temperature is higher, the particles of the reactants will have more energy, so they will move more quickly. This means they will collide more, and the collisions are successful more often - the rate of reaction is increased.

Hope that helps! :smile:
Original post by Snake_God
?

Thanks

People have replied to this question.. :dontknow:
Original post by TheOtherSide.

PRSOM was about to say this XD
Reply 5
Original post by TheOtherSide.

Oh, didn't come up in my notifications.

Maybe you can answer my other unanswered threads question:

How does gas chromatography work?

and

What is electroplating? and what is it used for?
Reply 6
Haha I also thought I was the first reply!

and

Not sure my AS brain can remember this GCSE stuff
but electroplating is when you coat an object with another metal, maybe for a nice finish? or maybe to protect it so it lasts longer?

and

If this AQA here is what you're expected to know from the spec for gas chromatography:

different substances, carried by a gas, travelthrough a column packed with a solid material atdifferent speeds, so that they become separated

the number of peaks on the output of a gaschromatograph shows the number of compoundspresent

the position of the peaks on the output indicatesthe retention time

a mass spectrometer can identify substances veryquickly and accurately and can detect very smallquantities.

With electroplating it's basically what Big white said. I think you're also expected to know the half equations for electrolysis, but not absolutely sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending