Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

3 GOOD reasons to leave the EU! (GO BRITISH NOT EUROPEAN)

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

1.) We drive on the left.

We are very different to the vast majority of EU members in this aspect.

2.) We are on a completely different landmass to Europe.

I'm sure you can see we are separated by water well visible on this map. Iceland left. So should we. We left the continent now we should say:

Adieu l'Europe!

3. Our economy is growing well.

Why hold ourselves back? We leave. Europe want's the good's so they will still come for them and we can go more global and save more money from EU spending.

So let's take back control of our very different country and split out of this time bomb that is the EU.

*Most of what I have said has been supported by factual sources not created by me. These sources can be found online.

Hi 2016_GCSE,

On point one it would logically follow that if we are to decide our political alliances based on the side of the road each respective nation drives on, then we should enter a political union with other nations that drive on the left. It seems to me that this would be a poor way to make such decisions because then in order to enter or leave the EU, or any other political union, it would require simply that the government changes the law regarding the side of the road we must drive on.

We are also have a great deal more in common with the European nations in the EU than those who drive on the left, although this could be debatable.

On point two, it would be fair to say we are a different landmass, but does that mean Northern Island should leave the UK?

This is an economic growth forecast that presumes our continued membership of the EU - so yes, why hold ourselves back by leaving?

Best Regards,

If our economy is growing so well whilst we are in the EU, why should we leave and put ourselves into a possible recession?

Is this a serious post?

The only reason that even has anything to do with our EU membership is #3, and I don't understand why you'd want to risk economic growth...
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.