The Student Room Group

Orlando Shooting Youtube gone mad!

[video="youtube;uiBxr94XINg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiBxr94XINg[/video]

This is some poor lady being interviewed and her son as now died! Why are so many youtuber's leaving nasty comments?

As the world gone mad?

Scroll to see replies

I can't believe how little attention was given to this shooting compared to the Batman shooting which had a very similar magnitude
Reply 2
I never heard of the batman shooting.. this poor woman has lost her son and I can't believe that people think she is faking it!!
Reply 3
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
I can't believe how little attention was given to this shooting compared to the Batman shooting which had a very similar magnitude

You are right on that. This shooting was far more deadly actually.
Because all of the youtube commenters are pre-pubescent cringe masters.
Original post by Iknowbest
I never heard of the batman shooting.. this poor woman has lost her son and I can't believe that people think she is faking it!!

Mothers lost their sons during the batman shooting as well..... just saying
Reply 6
Yes I imagine they did, it is so awful :frown:

It was the 2012 Aurora Shooting. You must have seen this guy posted around the place.

Reply 8
Yes I think so. he looks like the joker!
Original post by DiddyDec
It was the 2012 Aurora Shooting. You must have seen this guy posted around the place.

Yes I think so. he looks like the joker!

That was the point.
Reply 10
It looks and sounds like she is reading a script, that's why.
This is some poor lady being interviewed and her son as now died! Why are so many youtuber's leaving nasty comments?

As the world gone mad?

It is a well-known fact that YouTube comments are one of the most toxic places on the internet. Avoid them and find peace with the fact that most of the comment authors are just 14 year olds who think they're being edgy.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

Reply 13
Well it is disgusting to read but at the same time some of it does make sense. I am open minded enough to not believe everything I see on the news. It does help to look at something from all angles although it can be a pointless activity due to the amount of people who simply accept 100% what they see on the news and HATE it being questioned. I do like to keep an open mind but leaving nasty comments about this lady is not right :frown: -- even if what she says is questionable in parts!
Original post by Plagioclase
It is a well-known fact that YouTube comments are one of the most toxic places on the internet. Avoid them and find peace with the fact that most of the comment authors are just 14 year olds who think they're being edgy.

Spot on.
i am not going to watch any of these stupid exploitation clips. the families need to be left alone to grieve.
Reply 16
ABC News trying to help a mother find her son.. how is that exploiting?!
Original post by the bear
i am not going to watch any of these stupid exploitation clips. the families need to be left alone to grieve.
ABC News trying to help a mother find her son.. how is that exploiting?!

and how are people on TSR going to help ?

:facepalm2:
I looked her surname up on the victim list, Leinonen:

http://www.cityoforlando.net/blog/victims/

Her son, who she called Christopher and whose name, Christopher Andrew Leinonen, 32 years old was on the victims list.

It literally took me 10 seconds to google that. and yet people were looking up on google maps her location to prove she wasn't really the mother of a victim?? kind of gross
Reply 19
This thread is regarding how youtube comments are crazy!! So many people dislike the video.. the worlds gone mad..

I was not asking for any help.. i want a debate, ie the purpose of a forum!
Original post by the bear
and how are people on TSR going to help ?

:facepalm2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending