The Student Room Group

Combined undergraduate course help!

Hey guys!

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. So at the moment I'm coming to the end of year 12 and I need to start thinking about unis etc. I kind of know what I want to do (biochemistry and German) but only Manchester and Imprrial College of London seem to offer this combination.

So I was wondering if you guys knew if any other unis are open to students taking a science/language combination or how I would go around studying both of these?

Original post by hanadebana
Hey guys!

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. So at the moment I'm coming to the end of year 12 and I need to start thinking about unis etc. I kind of know what I want to do (biochemistry and German) but only Manchester and Imprrial College of London seem to offer this combination.

So I was wondering if you guys knew if any other unis are open to students taking a science/language combination or how I would go around studying both of these?

Exeter's Flexible Combined Honours degree lets you combine Biochem and German. Birmingham does a Biochemistry with Study in Continental Europe degree which enables you to study German language modules alongside your biochem.

How good is your German? Have you considered doing your whole degree in Germany?
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Exeter's Flexible Combined Honours degree lets you combine Biochem and German. Birmingham does a Biochemistry with Study in Continental Europe degree which enables you to study German language modules alongside your bioche

How good is your German? Have you considered doing your whole degree in Germany?

My German is about an A grade at AS level but i don't want to do then seperately because otherwise I might forget the language/science (depending on which I take by itself).

But thank you, this has really helped. I didn't know Exeter did that ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest