The Student Room Group

retake

If I retake and got the lower marks than last year, do they use my past result(better result)
Original post by carrie41
If I retake and got the lower marks than last year, do they use my past result(better result)

Mate, you use the results. You have two of the same GCSE/GCE you just put in the one you did well in most.
I think so anyway.
BUMP.
Only retake if you know you'll do better other wise you'll be wasting valuable time.
Apart from maths i dont think you can retake next year as the specifications are ending, double check it though.

But when you do retake they always take your better score.
Reply 3
Original post by whydoidothis?
Apart from maths i dont think you can retake next year as the specifications are ending, double check it though.

But when you do retake they always take your better score.

I've already retaken two exams and now heard about that this year they would only choose the latest result rather than the better one. Is that true?
I've already retaken two exams and now heard about that this year they would only choose the latest result rather than the better one. Is that true?

no, they always take the better result.

To reassure yourself you can look on your exam boards website.
Reply 5

If you re-sit an A level unit then your better attempt is the one that is sued to calculate the overall grade. It has not changed.

Quick Reply

Latest