The Student Room Group

Applying for special consideration

Hi, so last week on Wednesday the 8th I had an Edexcel Geography Gcse Exam the human paper. At the start of my exam we had a delay of 15 minutes due to a insufficiency in the paper amount, and during that time I became increasingly nervous (Im a stress head), anyway, we started after the delay and during that exam there was a storm that lasted about twenty minutes. Im talking about thunder and lightening, and pouring rain and hailstones. The problem is we are in a huge sports hall with a tin roof so it echoed, became increasingly loud and I could not concentrate or think straight and just became super stressed out and didn't manage to finish all the questions to full ability due to panic and time. I knew all the answers to the question but I did not, in any form, manage to showcase them to my ability due to the storm. Im predicted an A* in geography, its my favourite subject, i have had extra tuition for the last year every friday for an hour and a half and I KNEW the syllabus inside and out. But it all fell apart in the exam and now I'm considering applying for consideration... The exam board do say that a noise during an exam is applicable for special consideration but I don't want it to seem like I'm searching for an excuse. Im just really gutted and I know Ive missed out on the grade I want. Do you think its worthy of applying or am I being too extreme and should just take the grade I get? The exam board also ask for a certificate or proof like a death certificate so if I do apply what should I provide? Thanks :smile:
Original post by whoneedseton
Hi, so last week on Wednesday the 8th I had an Edexcel Geography Gcse Exam the human paper. At the start of my exam we had a delay of 15 minutes due to a insufficiency in the paper amount, and during that time I became increasingly nervous (Im a stress head), anyway, we started after the delay and during that exam there was a storm that lasted about twenty minutes. Im talking about thunder and lightening, and pouring rain and hailstones. The problem is we are in a huge sports hall with a tin roof so it echoed, became increasingly loud and I could not concentrate or think straight and just became super stressed out and didn't manage to finish all the questions to full ability due to panic and time. I knew all the answers to the question but I did not, in any form, manage to showcase them to my ability due to the storm. Im predicted an A* in geography, its my favourite subject, i have had extra tuition for the last year every friday for an hour and a half and I KNEW the syllabus inside and out. But it all fell apart in the exam and now I'm considering applying for consideration... The exam board do say that a noise during an exam is applicable for special consideration but I don't want it to seem like I'm searching for an excuse. Im just really gutted and I know Ive missed out on the grade I want. Do you think its worthy of applying or am I being too extreme and should just take the grade I get? The exam board also ask for a certificate or proof like a death certificate so if I do apply what should I provide? Thanks :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4107247
Original post by whoneedseton

I think you can only get a maximum of 1 or 2 % so a maximum of 3-4 marks in reality. I don't know if it's worth it, since it probs won't get you an A* if you've missed out questions. Sorry, but i suppose worth asking for.

Quick Reply

Latest