The Student Room Group

Russian A2 exam 22nd of June *OFFICIAL THREAD*

So guys, the A2 exam is fast approaching! I was just very interested what you all have to say and what different types of research you have conducted for that one nasty задание!
Reply 1
I studied about the collapse of Soviet Union in 1991. I chose the period that seemed to me very interesting, so I think it should be alright on the exam. How about you? If you don't mind me asking, are you a native speaker? :smile:
Have you got any predictions for the discursive essay titles?😊
Hi guys!

I am also sitting this exam but I have 0 clue what is expected of me. They don't teach Russian in my sixth form l and I am the only one sitting the exam and have not received any help or guidance apart from simply reading the specification myself. For the research-based essay I chose the movie "Москва слезам не верит" only because it was mentioned in the guidance booklet provided by Edexcel.

However, I still don't know whether it's a good movie to analyse. It would mean a lot if you guys could tell me what your chosen topic is and if you could possibly recommend any resources or if you have any that you could share, it would mean the world to me because I really have no clue what I'm doing :frown:

Thank you so much in advance!
Original post by Itskasia
I studied about the collapse of Soviet Union in 1991. I chose the period that seemed to me very interesting, so I think it should be alright on the exam. How about you? If you don't mind me asking, are you a native speaker? :smile:

Hi! That sounds very interesting! I read Anna Karenina in Russian and watched the film in English so hopefully I'll be alright in that questions. I am half Russian and half English! I lived in Russia for a bit so I have the basic knowledge, so grammar isn't really a problem for me, however.. Spelling is really not my forte :P
Original post by Jasminethegeek
Hi guys!

I am also sitting this exam but I have 0 clue what is expected of me. They don't teach Russian in my sixth form l and I am the only one sitting the exam and have not received any help or guidance apart from simply reading the specification myself. For the research-based essay I chose the movie "Москва слезам не верит" only because it was mentioned in the guidance booklet provided by Edexcel.

However, I still don't know whether it's a good movie to analyse. It would mean a lot if you guys could tell me what your chosen topic is and if you could possibly recommend any resources or if you have any that you could share, it would mean the world to me because I really have no clue what I'm doing :frown:

Thank you so much in advance!

The best advice that I can give you is to read the EXAMINER's REPORT on the edexcel website for this Russian A level.. It shows examples of other pupils work, the very successful pieces and the very bad pieces of writing, they also give tips for future reference.. It is a really useful source of information and preparation for the upcoming exam!
I wish you luck!
Original post by prostheticzeta
Hi! That sounds very interesting! I read Anna Karenina in Russian and watched the film in English so hopefully I'll be alright in that questions. I am half Russian and half English! I lived in Russia for a bit so I have the basic knowledge, so grammar isn't really a problem for me, however.. Spelling is really not my forte :P

I love Anna Karenina! I think its such a brilliant book, so many things to talk about! and we're in the same boat! I'm half Russian and Half Persian so grammar isn't an issue for me either it's just spelling! I've been using memrise to help though and I think it's just practice really.
Reply 7
That's great guys! I am sure you will be fine then:wink:!
I don't have Russian at school either, thus I must do the work on my own. How long have you studied towards research-based essay? I am afraid that I didn't spend as much time as I was supposed to :colondollar:
Reply 8
Any RBE predictions for the Literature/Culture question ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending