The Student Room Group

What to wear to sixth form?!

:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
It usually depends on the sixth form, maybe talk to your head of sixth form on what you can and can't wear before you decide?:h:
Reply 2
Wear whatever you want, no one will care
Just make sure that when choosing the dress that you want to wear, you are comfortable to wear it which can also give you the confidence to do things that you want to do.
Reply 4
Original post by Pluto12
Hi, sorry if this isn't the right place!

I'm going to 6th form in September, and the dress code is smart casual, but most people wear jeans and trainers/converse.
The problem I have is I don't know what tops to wear, t shirts are allowed but is that too casual?? And what about hoodys? What tops can I wear?

I usually stick to wearing jeans and hoodys at home, so don't have a varied wardrobe!! (I'm female if that helps)

Thanks!

Sigh, this is the same thing for my Sixth form in tooting. I really want to just wear suits but I'd look like a d*ickhead so...

I'm just going to buy casual/ going out clothes, I think that should be fine.
Our sixth form was smart casual as well - basically, wear whatever. T-shirts, jeans, shirts, whatever. Too smart isn't necessarily better, one guy turned up in a tie and sweater vest and had the piss taken out of him (in a friendly way!) for weeks.

Technically it means guys shouldn't be wearing ripped jeans or wifebeaters, and girls shouldn't be wearing strappy tops or skirts above the knee, but no-one payed any attention and the teachers never cared. Just wear what you would normally wear on a weekend, and then if you don't feel like you're fitting in you can adjust it. Don't go out and buy a whole new wardrobe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol, anything as long as you aren't walking around nude :wink::smile::tongue:
As long as you feel comfortable wearing the clothes, it shouldn't matter :redface: :biggrin: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No one cares except you - if you want to wear smart clothes, go for it (plenty people do at my college and no one cares) and if you want to wear jeans and a t-shirt and a hoodie - feel free to do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
some sixth forms really have like dress codes???? we could wear literally whatever we wanted at mine. in my experience most people tend to put a lot of effort in for the first few weeks but by like a month in everyone's in baggy sweatpants and a stained jumper with greasy hair and no makeup
Reply 10
i literally only wear jogging bottoms and tops about 4 sizes to big without a bra to college i don't even care lol

just wear what youre comfortable in
Reply 11
In my school, it is compulsory to wear suits (i.e. shirt, tie, blazer).
You guys are so lucky that you are able to wear what you want :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest