The Student Room Group

Statistics

Guys I need help!!!
If u get c grade in statistics coursework plus your exam ,and can you get overall grade A in your GCSE exam.

SO what grade do I need to get in the exam??
A or A* Which one
But I want to get overall grade A
Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anojan
Guys I need help!!!
If u get c grade in statistics coursework plus your exam ,and can you get overall grade A in your GCSE exam.

SO what grade do I need to get in the exam??
A or A* Which one
But I want to get overall grade A
Thanks

If this is Edexcel GCSE stats, then the coursework is worth 25% and the exam 75%. If you got, say, 65% in the coursework then you would need 0.25 * 65 + exam grade * 0.75 > 80, rearranging that to give exam grade = 63.75 / 0.75 = 85, so if you get 85 or more % in the exam then you get an A. An A* is possible but you need quite a high grade in the exam (around 93%) to get an A*. This is all assumes that you are sitting the higher paper rather than foundation.

Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
If this is Edexcel GCSE stats, then the coursework is worth 25% and the exam 75%. If you got, say, 65% in the coursework then you would need 0.25 * 65 + exam grade * 0.75 > 80, rearranging that to give exam grade = 63.75 / 0.75 = 85, so if you get 85 or more % in the exam then you get an A. An A* is possible but you need quite a high grade in the exam (around 93%) to get an A*. This is all assumes that you are sitting the higher paper rather than foundation.

Best of luck!

But is it OK i got C in coursework,Can I still get A in overall??
Manny thanks
Original post by anojan
But is it OK i got C in coursework,Can I still get A in overall??
Manny thanks

Yes.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Yes.

Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending