Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to go travelling, how do you organise it?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

I'd love to go travelling like across America, Australia, Hong Kong and India.

How do people who have travelled before, organise it? Do they literally plan it out day by day, booking holidays and flights individually where and when they need to? Or can travel agents help?

were you thinking of doing all these places at once, like taking a year out and jumping from country to country? if so i'd go see a travel agent (STA are my favourite) and tell them which countries you'd like to do. they can sort out a round the world plane ticket for you to cut costs and then from there you can plan how long you want to be in each place for. i wouldn't plan everything out day by day as that would take a long time and plans change all the time! just plan things like your first nights accommodation in a new place, write down all the things you want to do in each country and work out a good route. make sure to find out if you need visas for any of the countries too although i'm sure a travel agent can help you out with all of this, have fun!

Actually, if you ask about SEA, I know it so clearly. How do you think about SEA where you can travel with budget.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.