The Student Room Group

Not getting sufficient grade from art foundation for place at art school

My first choice to do Fine Art BA is at Leeds College of Art and in order to get my place there I need a Merit from my art foundation.
I'm making a film for my FMP and I worked very hard on it but my actor bailed on me 3 weeks before my deadline which was a big setback. If they stuck with me and I continued the way I was going I think I could've got a merit/distinction. Its really unlikely that I'm going to finish the whole thing in time so I'm looking at a pass/referral. Is this negotiable at all? What can be done? Do I still have a chance at Leeds?
Original post by user3105
My first choice to do Fine Art BA is at Leeds College of Art and in order to get my place there I need a Merit from my art foundation.
I'm making a film for my FMP and I worked very hard on it but my actor bailed on me 3 weeks before my deadline which was a big setback. If they stuck with me and I continued the way I was going I think I could've got a merit/distinction. Its really unlikely that I'm going to finish the whole thing in time so I'm looking at a pass/referral. Is this negotiable at all? What can be done? Do I still have a chance at Leeds?

Only they can tell you this. Anyone here would only be guessing. You will have to discuss this with them.
If you don't get the grade you can always ring the college and explain how you just missed out on the grade due to something which was out if your hands, your tutor can also ring as mine did to explain the situation. I didn't get my grade for my uni (i needed a merit at foundation but got a pass due to having an bit of a breakdown) but I rang and emailed them constantly asking if there was space for me on the course and they accepted me still!

I hope everything works out for you!!
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest