The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 2, how kind can aqa get?

That was so easy, i want to apologise for my anger over b1 because you've totally made up for it aqa!

On another note what did you guys put for the change of method to 5celsius question? I put about putting it in a fridge and controlling the temperature from there.

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I said to put it in an ice bath, and measure the temperature there, I think they'll both get the mark tbh
Reply 2
Original post by pugs.notdrugs
Yeah I said to put it in an ice bath, and measure the temperature there, I think they'll both get the mark tbh

All my friends were really confused about the what salt was made question? What did you put for that?
Original post by B3ASTy
All my friends were really confused about the what salt was made question? What did you put for that?

Ammonium chloride
Reply 4
Original post by jackbarry1999
Ammonium chloride

Arghhh one of my friends put that. But i couldnt remember the phrase 'ammonium' so i put chloride nitrate :frown:
For the 5 Celsius one I spaced out and wrote that the student should have started from a cooler temperate and worked his way up :colondollar: probably won't get it, but oh well.

Also, the isotopes question confused me so much!? I thought that carbon-12 WAS the ''original'' carbon, not an isotope if that makes sense......

For the second one about making the test more accurate by changing apparatus, I wrote 'get a thermometer with smaller intervals'' why did I mess up so bad :angry:
Original post by Anygy
For the 5 Celsius one I spaced out and wrote that the student should have started from a cooler temperate and worked his way up :colondollar: probably won't get it, but oh well.

Also, the isotopes question confused me so much!? I thought that carbon-12 WAS the ''original'' carbon, not an isotope if that makes sense......

For the second one about making the test more accurate by changing apparatus, I wrote 'get a thermometer with smaller intervals'' why did I mess up so bad :angry:

Technically any element is an isotope. Carbon 12 is an isotope of carbon that is regularly referred to in chemistry.
Grade boundaries incoming:

A* - 60
A - 59
B - 58
C - 57
Original post by Certified
Technically any element is an isotope. Carbon 12 is an isotope of carbon that is regularly referred to in chemistry.

Shoot :h:
Original post by Anygy
Shoot :h:

What did everyone put for making the experiment in q1 more accurate. I said pug a lid to stop gas escaping!?
Reply 10
Original post by Anygy

Me and my friend talked about that, like im sure that was a mistake in the wording of the question, hope they're lenient on the marking of that
Reply 11
Original post by Jennifer9878
What did everyone put for making the experiment in q1 more accurate. I said pug a lid to stop gas escaping!?

I put a digital thermometer because it can show to a resolution of 0.1 Celsius
Reply 12
Original post by Anygy

wouldn't that be correct?
Original post by Jennifer9878

Get a thermometer with smaller intervals XDD
Original post by B3ASTy
Me and my friend talked about that, like im sure that was a mistake in the wording of the question, hope they're lenient on the marking of that

I don't think it was a mistake because I've seen the same question but with hydrogen appear in another past paper. Only wish I'd paid more attention to the answer :angry:
Original post by EmmaC_
wouldn't that be correct?

Not sure, but I feel like theywouldnt give the mark for it :colonhash:
Original post by B3ASTy
I put a digital thermometer because it can show to a resolution of 0.1 Celsius

i put the same
Wait till the physics
Did anyone else get 82% for the percentage mass ?? :smile:
Yes I did! A lot of people put 80%, but it was specifically for that compound.
Original post by kaylea19
Did anyone else get 82% for the percentage mass ?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest