The Student Room Group

Anyone know what's going on with Apple's student discount?!?

Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to be posting this, but I've been looking to replace my macbook. I was on Apple's website last week, signed in through unidays to get the university pricing and found one which came to £1759 including Applecare.

However, I was browsing earlier today and found that the same laptop is now listed at £1798 by itself. Furthermore, Applecare is now listed at £113 rather than the £50 is it for education.

I'm a bit confused and wondered if anyone knew what was going on.

Reply 1
I bought some products from the Apple Education Store today and can confirm the student discount is in place. You get the usual discount plus you also get a free pair of wireless Beats headphones.

AppleCare is £99 for students whereas the full price is £199.

Hope this helps! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
The discount went down the other day from 15% to 10%, and now instead of free AppleCare you have to pay £99. You do get 'free' Beats headphones but really this is pretty cheeky of them. They knew people were going to be waiting for their announcement on 13th in case they came out with new MacBooks, but they've now jacked up the prices for students, which is a massive bummer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending