The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy RST3A - how did it go?

Couldn't find a thread discussing today's exam so thought I'd make one myself.
I did Virtue Ethics and science and tech - found the questions so-so.

(Have also just realised I didn't capitalise Virtue Ethics in the exam.......??)
Original post by peppered1
Couldn't find a thread discussing today's exam so thought I'd make one myself.
I did Virtue Ethics and science and tech - found the questions so-so.

(Have also just realised I didn't capitalise Virtue Ethics in the exam.......??)

I thought the science and technology 30 marker was bizarre, to split it into 2 parts? I also forgot to capitalise Virtue Ethics..can they really penalise us for that though? I thought the VE 30 marker just didn't allow for much content at all.
Reply 2
Original post by popbop321
I thought the science and technology 30 marker was bizarre, to split it into 2 parts? I also forgot to capitalise Virtue Ethics..can they really penalise us for that though? I thought the VE 30 marker just didn't allow for much content at all.

I agree! I felt like because of the two sections, I couldn't talk about as many scenarios as I wanted to I think I just covered nuclear technologies and surveillance because I didn't get chance to look at other situ's.
Haha I hope not!! It's hard to know if the examiners are as pernickety about this exam as they are with English lit, for example lol.
For V.E what did you talk about? I talked about arête, cultivating virtues, virtuous mean and friendship I think, but I felt like I was repeating myself all the time by saying 'and this shows that happiness is.....' I deffo see what you mean about content tho! I wasn't able to apply it to any situations :/
Original post by peppered1
I agree! I felt like because of the two sections, I couldn't talk about as many scenarios as I wanted to I think I just covered nuclear technologies and surveillance because I didn't get chance to look at other situ's.
Haha I hope not!! It's hard to know if the examiners are as pernickety about this exam as they are with English lit, for example lol.
For V.E what did you talk about? I talked about arête, cultivating virtues, virtuous mean and friendship I think, but I felt like I was repeating myself all the time by saying 'and this shows that happiness is.....' I deffo see what you mean about content tho! I wasn't able to apply it to any situations :/

I covered nuclear technologies and surveillance too, at least we were on the same page :smile:
I went completely off on a tangent for VE I think, for the second Q I talked about how eudaimonia isn't important for modern virtue ethics and think I lost my way a little haha
For the first question I just talked about the soul and acquisition of moral/intellectual virtues = eudaimonia but honestly what you wrote sounds really good and thorough, I think you've done better than you probably think!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending