The Student Room Group

Do you know anyone from your school who has gone on to play professionally?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danny the Geezer
He grew up near me no doubt we would've crossed paths some time.

Yeah, probably have done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have one friend who was last with Rotherham at the time (three years back he was about 13), I know one who could play for any decent championship team, one with Chesterfield, another who left Doncaster Rovers (Yorkshire lads we are!) and I know someone in London who was kicked out of Arsenal and is at Leyton Orient.
:bump:
https://www.instagram.com/annabelprior/
I just remembered somebody whose brother was in my Year 6 class :redface:
She was so good she used to play with boys' teams then (including her brother's). I knew she'd go on to great things!
Raheem Sterling
Reply 44
There was a guy in my year called Jordan Piggott, played for the West Brom youth teams a bunch but got released this summer. He has trials at a few places though so it's looking up for him. There's also Yan Dhanda who plays on the Liverpool U18's team, he's not from my school but he played for the local team up the road as a kid before joining West Brom.
Friend played for West Ham/Portsmouth/Layton Orient.
(edited 6 years ago)
Going back a while now, but my entire school team went pro to some degree. We'd all play for the school, but we'd train mid week with different clubs. Some were at Oxford, some at Reading. Others Swindon and Wycombe. A couple of the lads were at Southampton, we had one each at Brentford, Arsenal, QPR and Fulham. That team was ridiculous.

As far as I know, none of those guys is still playing pro. I got forced to retire at 21, and I know one of the lads plays in the Southern Premier League, but that's all I can tell you.

Of the girls, I know one of them was playing for Arsenal for a little while, and one randomly turned up playing for Glasgow a while back...
Jake Cooper.

We also have some of the players from Reading's Academy attend our school.

Quick Reply

Latest