The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Physics B P1P2P3 15 June 2016 UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME P1

Scroll to see replies

Whoever made this can I just say a really massive thank you because early I was freaking out and this has made me feel so much more confident so thank you so much :smile: also I think it was 7.83 for the current but that may be me remembering wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last page was 2m/s^2, 280,000J, 56,000J
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Whoever made this can I just say a really massive thank you because early I was freaking out and this has made me feel so much more confident so thank you so much :smile: also I think it was 7.83 for the current but that may be me remembering wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally agree. Thank you so much for making the thread !!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by pimpsqaud101
for the last one I put alpha and gamma because it started off at 250 and went down to 140 when it came into contact with paper then it went down to 20 when it came into contact with lead. but the other 3 I put as only 1 radiation each

Thank god i wasn't the only one who put a mix down then xD. Can't be worth a loss of that many marks can it? *~*
7b: Paying for electricity.

Uses 1.5Kw for 20 hours so 30KwH x 18 = 540 pence [2]

I thourght it said 0.5 hours for 1.5kw of power so i got 1080 pence
Original post by craigtoll

That's correct.
Original post by craigtoll

Wouldn't it have to be 1.5 kWh not just kW for it to be the energy supplied in the time? The power of the appliance is independent of the time of usage unless combined to calculate energy supplied ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by leopard923
Wouldn't it have to be 1.5 kWh not just kW for it to be the energy supplied in the time? The power of the appliance is independent of the time of usage unless combined to calculate energy supplied ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes! 0.5 hrs was just a mean additional thing put in by ocr. it doesn't change the current or voltage so wont change the power so 540.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grade boundaries for 2014/2015???
Original post by ellamoon_22

I don't know all of them but A* in 2015 was 52 and in 2014 54.

You will probably not be safe with 52/75 for an A*. It was a much easier exam than previous years.
Reply 51
Original post by GaryIsASloth
You will probably not be safe with 52/75 for an A*. It was a much easier exam than previous years.

That is true. However, the grade boundaries dont really ever change. From Jan 2012 to Jun 2013 they remained similar, then they were upped for June 2014 and 2015 and there was no real change in difficulty. I predict about 56 for A* but could be lower. Definitely wouldn't go into the 60s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ad4m
That is true. However, the grade boundaries dont really ever change. From Jan 2012 to Jun 2013 they remained similar, then they were upped for June 2014 and 2015 and there was no real change in difficulty. I predict about 56 for A* but could be lower. Definitely wouldn't go into the 60s.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you'd need above around 56 to be safe, and I certainly did not make that. :frown:
I think im safe as i marked harshly using a markscheme:h:
I think im safe as i marked harshly using a markscheme:h:

I can't tell without a worked through mark scheme,
Although I'm the most pessimistic person ever, and physics is the one exam I need, could be a correlation here:badger:
I can't tell without a worked through mark scheme,
Although I'm the most pessimistic person ever, and physics is the one exam I need, could be a correlation here:badger:

Lol whenever i use markscheme i always mark harshly so for this i literally thought if i fail all the 6 marks (18 marks gone) i can still get an A* i did really good as im looking at others answers which is the smae. I hate physics but found the paper good
hello does anyone have the actual paper so that i can see the questions?

Quick Reply

Latest