The Student Room Group

Post-Grad Applications, Conditional Offer?

Hey Guys;

Well, I am looking to do a PGCE and the entry requirements say "Normally Minimum 2:1", however, I have got 59% this year which is a BIG kick in the teeth for me and was wondering, will unis look at my marks considering I am applying to my current uni?

I can retake 2 exams to get me that extra 1% to drag it up but, I don't want to run the risk of failing the retakes...

So, do unis give conditional offers for post-grads if you are REALLY close?
Is Secondary Initial Teacher Education Science with Biology at UWE.
It's not clear - is 59% your final, overall result? And would your retakes be capped? In which case there's no point retaking anything.

Do you have anything which helps your profile stand out? Work experience, teaching experience, useful skills etc? That might help sway the admissions team if your degree result is just below what they'd normally accept.
Original post by Duncan2012
It's not clear - is 59% your final, overall result? And would your retakes be capped? In which case there's no point retaking anything.

Do you have anything which helps your profile stand out? Work experience, teaching experience, useful skills etc? That might help sway the admissions team if your degree result is just below what they'd normally accept.

I've done some volunteer work at both a primary and a secondary school this year one day a week involving planning lessons and being directly involved in the lessons themselves as a TA and as someone who directly gets involved with a group of kids of 6-7.

I did around 8 2 hour sessions at the secondary school and 5 3 hour sessions in the primary school totaling a little over 30 hours (not including the planning sessions with the group).
Plus the hours I put in at sixth form helping year 7s.

I've also done some TA stuff at Sixth form.

Yes, the retakes would be capped and 59% is my overall mark.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Duncan2012

Thing is at UWE retakes, while they cap at 40, the overall pass mark is 35 and, you can retake but the overall exam mark is capped at 40, my coursework makes up for it though. - My dilemma.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending