The Student Room Group

First job tip

I start my first job at the weekend in a chinese takeaway and im really nervous especially having to add the orders up quickly since i will be under pressure. Does anyone have any tips or experience working in a takeaway?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rebecca1999
I start my first job at the weekend in a chinese takeaway and im really nervous especially having to add the orders up quickly since i will be under pressure. Does anyone have any tips or experience working in a takeaway?

Hi I'm Chinese and my parents used to own a takeaway.

They shouldn't expect too much of you especially if this is your first ever job.
I once trained English twin brothers; who were both school leavers and now they're doing an excellent job. It was difficult to train them obviously but the more you do it the more you get used to things.

In most Chinese takeaways nowadays, they have a hi-tech computer system - this is sometimes a pretty easy skill to pick up.
It is possible (possibly including a little order device from Hungry House where you have to manually put the order into the takeaway's till order system)

You will also need to learn the dishes (obviously not all customers know the ingredients) and also help pack the orders in the kitchen if it gets busy with orders.

Like in any business you should expect intimidating customers (especially in a Chinese takeaway because the manager is Chinese) about their orders but don't let them get to you as that's their aim.
Reply 2
Okay thankyou that has made me feel a bit less nervous thankyou! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending