Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Head girl application HELP

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 11-10-2016

If you have any suggestions to improve this id be glad to hear them...
    I want to include more about "Your letter should address why you are the best person for the role, what you will bring to the position and how you hope to benefit from it"

Dear .........,

I am applying for the Senior Student Team this year as I feel like I have learnt so much over the last 10 months in the sixth form allowing me to really grow into myself. Throughout year twelve I’ve undergone many challenges but I know these have made me a stronger individual and have developed my confidence to where I am at now. I truly believe I now possess the qualities required to act as a fantastic representative of the school and a role model for all the other students.

This year I participated in a few volunteering roles that allowed me to become very empathetic and also a great leader. One role consisted of mentoring two students, a year 10 and a year 7, one to one. I worked with the year 10 from around November to May, acting as a friend and role model to her, allowing her to confide in me and have somebody to talk to if she wanted to. This role allowed me to become very understanding of others situations but also made me more committed as I had an agreement that we would meet every week.

Another role I acted in was helping to run the Trampolining club from September to May, working with students from year 7 through to year 11. Although I have done this role for a few years, this year it took a lot more time and organisation as we prepared all 25+ of the competition team for the annual competition and worked with a variety of abilities, ranging from students learning seat drops to one learning twisting somersaults.

Lastly I worked with the year 7 science club up until December, at which point it clashed with Trampolining. This was a great learning experience as some weeks we would have 60+ students in one room. I learnt to be a leader and how to stay organised, whilst also following any instructions given by the member of staff running the club that week.

I believe the role of the SST is an important one, as it has a prominent role in bettering the running of the sixth form. There are a few issues within the sixth form currently such as the dress code which is ‘smart casual’, which must I say the majority of girls seem to get in trouble over due to them not being ‘smart’ enough, yet far more boys seem to get away with the opposite of smart, and even casual, in their matching tracksuits yet do not get told off for not being smart enough. The SST promotes change within the school and change will only be achieved when there are strong individuals pushing for it. I believe that I have developed the right qualities that would allow me to be a fantastic team member whilst retaining my ability to lead when necessary.

I am definitely not the most academic person, nor are exams my strong point and I definitely don’t excel in them but I don’t believe that school is all about grades. I’ve learnt many life lessons throughout my time at ........ from my teachers and I now know that you can’t rely on anyone else to make changes for you, you have to make them yourself so that is why I believe I should be given the opportunity to make changes for the better on the SST. I believe I would represent the sixth form and the school with integrity and optimism and act as a role model and friend for all other members of the school.

You say you're not the best academically but you still do need to set an example in that regard. But if you're confident getting all A's at AS then go for it, you really can prove that you're the one to represent your school in your final year!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.