The Student Room Group

First Job- 16 y/o

Spoiler

Hey, I'm 16 too, and through my exams, although I have 3 left. I can only say what I think, though I don't really much of an experience or relation to you, so forgive me.

A job is important in life, it is what all of us need and will eventually experience. You shouldn't have any trouble in getting employed, and theres absolutely nothing to be worried about. If it makes it any easier, think of it as a great enjoyable experience, even when you haven't started yet, think of the new friends you will make, the fun times you will have. Your parents are parents, of course they care about you and only want to the best for you. They encourage you to get a job, push away your thoughts and memories and just got for it. Because risks are what makes life exciting and unpredictable. If you don't like that, thats normal. You're just out of your comfort zone. I'm 16, I'll be getting a job soon, most of my friends have already, and sure at first, you'll be nervous, the interviews will be a little scary, but in the end, it's just another day, another day at work in this case. My friends love it! They all work at different places, but all near each other, they meet up for lunch, so no. They're not lonely, they're not isolated. Don't isolate yourself from others in the job, all I can say is to have fun.
And in fact, if you convince yourself enough, that this will be a most positive experience, it really will be!!!

Enjoy yourself and forget those silly worries!!!
Reply 2
Hey, im also 16 and I'm looking for a job as well atm, but I've said that after my last exam (thursday) I'm going to go to high street stores and ask if they have any available. I'm not the most confident either but I've just been inspired to change myself, and i think getting a job will help a lot with that, as interviews can really help you develop confidence. Anyways, what jobs were you thinking of? Most of all though - this summer is about having fun and enjoying yourself - because after its going to be indoors a lot - and you want to make the most of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending