The Student Room Group

Muslim in France sacrifices girlfriend for Ramadan.

A teenage girl was seriously injured in a stabbing attack in western France when a man assaulted her on the street. The attacker, who has a history of psychiatric problems, claimed that he needed to make “a sacrifice for Ramadan.”
The girl, 19, was stabbed two times in the wrist and once in abdomen, Rennes prosecutor Nicolas Jacquet told journalists, adding that her wounds are not life-threating.

https://www.rt.com/news/346679-france-girl-stabbed-ramadan/

Scroll to see replies

Are we going to discuss a potential ban on knives?
ur supposed to sacrifice a lamb not a human.
This is just stupid, lol. OP is rep-whorin'
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4165959

Thread exists already mate but ok spread awareness, not AIDS mate, I'm all for it.

Lots of deflection in both threads by the way, I see.
Original post by slaven
A teenage girl was seriously injured in a stabbing attack in western France when a man assaulted her on the street. The attacker, who has a history of psychiatric problems, claimed that he needed to make “a sacrifice for Ramadan.”
The girl, 19, was stabbed two times in the wrist and once in abdomen, Rennes prosecutor Nicolas Jacquet told journalists, adding that her wounds are not life-threating.

https://www.rt.com/news/346679-france-girl-stabbed-ramadan/

Really .....? :sigh:

I find it very ironic that there was another account that posted the exact same sentences & link + title as you before you unless you own 2 accounts and are just fueling the fire.

Also strange how the other account has 1 gem. :hmmm:
Reply 6
Weird
This is likely the case of a severely mentally ill person who needs to be kept away from society to keep people safe. I hope the girl is going to be alright.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alkaline.
ur supposed to sacrifice a lamb not a human.

True, but for Eidul adha. There are no Ramadan sacrifices that I'm aware of.
Original post by Aceadria
Are we going to discuss a potential ban on knives?

Why knives and not Ramadan? Knives are far more useful.
Original post by MrControversial
Why knives and not Ramadan? Knives are far more useful.

Perhaps, but I fail to see how banning Ramadan will produce any real benefit to society. Islam as a whole should be brought into question.
Perhaps, but I fail to see how banning Ramadan will produce any real benefit to society. Islam as a whole should be brought into question.

I am not particularly fond of Islam or any religion but besides the moral and philosophical problems with that outright banning it is what the soviet left did and it was largely counter productive.

Instead it's more important to:
1. Do not allow them to come in huge numbers really quickly.
2. Ensure high quality mandatory education.
3. Do not cater to religion beyond the bare minimum to remain reasonable.
4. Establish the rule of thumb, they have to change to fit in, not our society. We come first. Set boundaries.

And extremely important to not do what the left has been doing to pander to minorities.
he had psychiatric problems, that explains the whole situation

for all you who are ready to blame islam, no Allah did not say stab a 19 year old is you have a psychiatric problem
the Qur'an didn't say stab 19 years olds or sacrifice anyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Derp, why is his religion and motive relevant?!?!?!111
Reply 14

His actions couldn't be any further from Islam. Why do people like you conclude that everytime a Muslim does anything the religion is to blame
(edited 7 years ago)

Thought police alert.

Stabbing his girlfriend is already illegal. It will remain illegal and he will be prosecuted for what he did regardless of what he thought his motives were.
Original post by Sara_t
His actions couldn't be any further from Islam. Why do people like you conclude that everytime a Muslim does anything the religion is to blame

Perhaps because they can read.
Original post by minimarshmallow
Thought police alert.

Hardly. Did not suggest we stop Muslims believing in Islam.

Original post by minimarshmallow
Stabbing his girlfriend is already illegal. It will remain illegal and he will be prosecuted for what he did regardless of what he thought his motives were.

You're focusing entirely on the conclusion and not enough on the root cause.
Hardly. Did not suggest we stop Muslims believing in Islam.

You're focusing entirely on the conclusion and not enough on the root cause.

I have a few friends who are muslims and they've never tried to sacrifice their girlfriends. You might consider Islam be one of a few factors but it certainly isn't the root cause or we'd have a hell of a lot more stabbed girlfriends.
Original post by slaven
The attacker, who has a history of psychiatric problems...

THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

The fact that he's Muslim is pretty irrelevant here.

Quick Reply

Latest