The Student Room Group

Music Edexcel A2 exam (16th June)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessicaCavallo
What did everyone put for the scale? I put pentatonic, but know someone who put one of everything (major, minor, dorian, pentatonic)

I put pentatonic-

pretty sure it's right.... http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/scotlandssongs/about/tunes/scalesharmonymodes/index.asp

Ahhhh, that's reassuring!! Thankyou! Also do you happen to know what that first Scottish piece was called?
i put pentatonic but no clue if its right
Original post by JessicaCavallo
Ahhhh, that's reassuring!! Thankyou! Also do you happen to know what that first Scottish piece was called?

ahahaha I wish honey xD been googling scottish folk singers but haven't found it:/ gonna ask my music teacher on Monday if he has any idea- or if he can listen to the track and search it using the lyrics xD
Just been looking through too, can't find anything, found a similar piece by capercaille with similar tune but cant find it, only lyrics i remember are "londonderry'
Original post by koolcucumber
Just been looking through too, can't find anything, found a similar piece by capercaille with similar tune but cant find it, only lyrics i remember are "londonderry'

could you link the capercaile piece?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHLPj3uy9wU mix of capercaille and something
Reply 27
Can anyone find out what the folk tunes were, I'm dying to know
Reply 28
My melodies were on point yana
Reply 29
Original post by IzzyWatkins
ahahaha I wish honey xD been googling scottish folk singers but haven't found it:/ gonna ask my music teacher on Monday if he has any idea- or if he can listen to the track and search it using the lyrics xD

Did you ask your teacher ?
Original post by Billee
Did you ask your teacher ?

Yeah, we listened to the songs and typed in the lyrics and nothing came up:/

Both my music teachers thought Irish but when I told them the options they said probably scottish:/
Reply 31
Original post by IzzyWatkins
Yeah, we listened to the songs and typed in the lyrics and nothing came up:/

Both my music teachers thought Irish but when I told them the options they said probably scottish:/

Do you have some of the lyrics, I would like to have a try on a few sites. I was wondering if they were Irish migrant songs i.e. from USA
Original post by Billee
Do you have some of the lyrics, I would like to have a try on a few sites. I was wondering if they were Irish migrant songs i.e. from USA

No, I didn't think to write them down:frown: sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest