The Student Room Group

Calling all africans

What are some of the worst things about being african?

Scroll to see replies

People make fun of the surnames.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Are you black? Huh? Why you here famalam? Get outta here!
I don't make fun of this black girl in my school, her name is: Gloria Miansiantima.....

You don't need to be black to be african...
Original post by Mrs.Grey
You don't need to be black to be african...

So.... You are from where?
So.... You are from where?

None of your concern.
None of your concern.

Because.....
Because.....

You're so annoying :rolleyes:, are you still butthurt that I friend-zoned you?
Northern Africa are not black but they are still Africans.
I don't know tbh for me it's either getting told that you apparently "don't look it" (whatever that means) and for me having to prove myself even more because I don't have an African name/last name or growing up with really religious parents.
(edited 7 years ago)
You're so annoying :rolleyes:, are you still butthurt that I friend-zoned you?

Okay. Okay. Nope.
+
I don't care if you friendzone me... Friend zone is the place I want to be with you :biggrin:

Sooo.... what has this to do with what we were talking of before?
Okay. Okay. Nope.
+
I don't care if you friendzone me... Friend zone is the place I want to be with you :biggrin:

Sooo.... what has this to do with what we were talking of before?

Mainly because you keep on talking to me even though you know I find you irritating and you try to start an argument with me for no apparent reason. Last time, you said you were trying to get me to hate you so ya know.

You're only saying this because you know there is no hope to get out of the friend zone so you're trying to make it sound better for yourself :wink:
Nothing! I love it since everyone thinks I'm Asian,

I turn around dramatically and say "I'm Egyptian."

They then have a quick orgasm and I continue to converse with my new-found-friend.
(edited 7 years ago)
Probably the last name. I like it personally but I dont think a girl would like that in her name .
Other than that, I enjoy being african, the traditional food is great :wink: Where in africa are your parents from?
My hair is probably one of my biggest problems. I live in a predominately white area so there aren't any barbers that work on afro hair. I don't go very often so lately I've been trying to grow an afro which doesn't even look all that god if I comb it. Also, the effort needed to comb it is just ughh...
Mainly because you keep on talking to me even though you know I find you irritating and you try to start an argument with me for no apparent reason. Last time, you said you were trying to get me to hate you so ya know.

You're only saying this because you know there is no hope to get out of the friend zone so you're trying to make it sound better for yourself :wink:

Okay.

Which is why I'm trying to stop this convo with my short replies, but your desperate ass head is keeping this convo going...

Spoiler

Reply 15
People consistently threatening me with Juju black magic.:/
"Do you have electricity in Africa?"
"Wow, how come you speak such good English? I thought you all speak African at home!"
"What was it like living in a house for the first time when you came here?"
"Did it take you long to get used to cooked food?"
"So can you hunt?"
"Are you friends with wild jungle animals?"
"Are you sure you don't mean Canada? I've never heard of Cameroon!"
"If you're African, how can you afford all these nice things?"
"Is your family poor?"
"Did you experience a lot of oppression there?"
"Oh you have a normal name for an African. Is it pronounced differently? Are you sure??" (Seriously this vexes me, how else is Alex pronounced pls?)

The worst part is that I didn't even have to make these up, each of these things has all been said to me on at least 2 occasions if not more. And I've never even lived outside of Europe smh
Okay.

Which is why I'm trying to stop this convo with my short replies, but your desperate ass head is keeping this convo going...

Spoiler

Using the the phrase "desperate ass head" certainly is implying the intention of being rude but ok. Just stop talking to me all together then. Simples.
Using the the phrase "desperate ass head" certainly is implying the intention of being rude but ok. Just stop talking to me all together then. Simples.

Kl.
Reply 19
Personally, I couldn't think of any problems with being African tbh:u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending