The Student Room Group

Psychology exam revision help

Hi,

I deferred my three of my exams for my course until August. The issue I have is devising a schedule or how to revise. I am aiming for a 2:1 (60+) in each of them, and have a little over two months in order to achieve my goals.

Simply put, I don't know where to begin quite frankly. I'll break it down:

a) Three exams (Mind, Body & Brain 2, Social & Developmental Psychology 2, and Personality Psychology & Abnormal Behaviour). All are three hours long.

b) Both Mind, Body & Brain 2 and Social & Developmental Psychology 2 are multiple-choice question exams (MCQs), covering what all the taught criteria from the Autumn and Spring term.

c) The Personality Psychology component is an MCQ, however, the Abnormal Behaviour component asks for answers two of nine questions about mental health disorders that were covered (e.g. schizophrenia, depression, attentive hyperactive deficit disorder (ADHD), etc).

d) I have books rented from my university's library that are all prerequisites for the course, so resources are not a problem.

My queries are:

* How do I spread my time evenly to ensure that I am attending to all topics equally?

* There are no past papers, so there is little to go off in order to cover the MCQs. What are the best ways to cover them?

* How many slots a day are recommended to invest time in revising? I would say two blocks of two hours, but I'm not certain.

* How do I maximise my time to achieve the highest grades possible?

I don't browse this forum very often, but I would appreciate the advice and support. I'm stressing and need to really get down to it before it becomes too late.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: If this is in the wrong section, I do apologise.

Quick Reply

Latest