The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
magicalsausage
What I found particularly scary was that at York, English students only get 4 taught hours a week (compared to about four a day for some subjects). I reckon wherever I go I will sit in on lectures of other subjects just for fun. And since English is so interdisciplinary, they will be useful too!

Hmm must be off to dig up part of the lawn...

Hmm, I'm supposed to be packing. I'm going to get shouted at, I can feel it.
Reply 81
sbailey
Hmm, I'm supposed to be packing. I'm going to get shouted at, I can feel it.

GO PACK!!! :biggrin:

damn, this place is going to get quite boring without you to banter to about boatie-medic stuff...
Reply 82
KHL
GO PACK!!! :biggrin:

damn, this place is going to get quite boring without you to banter to about boatie-medic stuff...

I'll miss you too *wipes tear from eye* :tongue:

You could always train Ben/tis_me_lord up to act like a boatie/medic.
don go there its rubbish, go APU!!!!like me!!!!
Reply 84
magiccarpet
don go there its rubbish, go APU!!!!like me!!!!

I never see people from APU, do they avoid us on purpose?
Reply 85
bit difficult to avoid cam students in cam, isn't it? we probably see apu students around, not knowing they are apu students...

talking about apu, they are quite a convenient excuse to use (apologies to apu students here) when caught doing illegal things like riding a bicycle through clare old courts on the way home... :biggrin: just say you're apu, and the porters look flabbergasted and give you a stare, but don't do anything.
Reply 86
KHL
bit difficult to avoid cam students in cam, isn't it? we probably see apu students around, not knowing they are apu students...

talking about apu, they are quite a convenient excuse to use (apologies to apu students here) when caught doing illegal things like riding a bicycle through clare old courts on the way home... :biggrin: just say you're apu, and the porters look flabbergasted and give you a stare, but don't do anything.
There's one to use when you get caught riding Jesus Horse. "Sorry Mister! I'm from APU!"
sbailey
You could always train Ben/tis_me_lord up to act like a boatie/medic.

If 'mummy and daddy' can't do it then i doubt anybody else can, i'm still determined to be a primary school teacher when i'm older.
Reply 88
KHL

You did what??? I so didn't hear that :eek: Bad Kwok! That's gotta be sacrilege or something :mad:

sbailey
Yeah, but Baz and Helenia have graciously agreed to adopt Ben, haven't you heard?

Don't tell them.

You're not going to get away that easily! I don't think Ben wants me as his mother, and I certainly don't want to be responsible for him!

Ben, as for me, Baz and the make up sex, you'd be horrified to know it hasn't happened, and isn't likely to :tongue:

I'm off for the weekend, bye everyone! Steve, go pack!
Reply 89
Helenia
Ben, as for me, Baz and the make up sex, you'd be horrified to know it hasn't happened, and isn't likely to :tongue:
What are we supposed to read from this?

P.S. My Oxford medic friend just found out he passed all his exams :smile: Any other Oxford medics reading this want to receive some "Well done!"s and "Congratulations!"s?
Reply 90
The only bad about Christs is that it isn't pink :rolleyes: :biggrin:

* SuperShiny! :biggrin: *
shiny

Ah but it makes up for it by having the best motto.
Reply 92
magicalsausage
Ah but it makes up for it by having the best motto.

what's the motto?!

i think the posts in this thread have been multiplying, thats 5 pages ive had to read, very entertaining tho!
FaerieLand
what's the motto?!

i think the posts in this thread have been multiplying, thats 5 pages ive had to read, very entertaining tho!

Souvent me Souvient (well at least I think it's their motto as it is written above one of the doors.
Reply 94
shiny

like pink? row for churchill... 8 beefy men, bright pink blades, bright pink boat... and clashing shades of pink to boot...
:rolleyes:
FaerieLand
Everytime I mention it, people look at me in shock horror or say oh dear!

don't worry, i've been there a year and i still get that reaction, even from people who aren't at cambridge!

the stereotypes about christ's are really, really unfair - the bar is open until 11pm, and while it does shut for the 3 week exam period in may/june we are right next to a whole street of pubs so it's not as if you can't go out if you don't want to!

i was freaked out by the suicide watch thing too as exam term approached but apart from a lot of rumours it never materialised. in truth, christ's is a really friendly place where, believe it or not, people have fun! not having been to another college i can't say whether we have more workaholics than other places but the vast majority of people i know there go out etc just as much as people i know from other colleges. any college is only as much of a pressure cooker as you make it. the only time i've EVER been in the library at night (on an emergency book-hunt for a last minute essay - everyone's done THAT), there wasn't anyone else in there.

i wish people would stop with the stereotypes about christ's - i could just as easily do the same thing for a number of other colleges but i'm sure that that would be just as unfair & misguided!

oops, this turned into a bit of a rant. didn't mean for it to sound that way! i know the impression everyone has of christ's, i felt the same before i went there (i was pooled) but it really isn't the way it might seem. :smile:
Reply 96
Welcome to insanity amatuerish, oh great Christs ranter :smile:
haha, thanks! i promise i'm not too scary... :wink:
Reply 98
amateurish
haha, thanks! i promise i'm not too scary... :wink:

yey, and you live near me!

What are you studying?
cool, whereabouts are you?

i'm studying arch&anth :smile:

Latest

Trending