The Student Room Group

I'm gonna miss my favourite teacher :(

This ISNT a student-teacher relationship, I just wanted to make this post anonymously so had to post it in this section.

At the beginning of the school year, I was taught by this teacher. He helped me a lot with some issues like bullying in the class, and understood my personality as we are very similar. However, half way through the year, we had this trainee teacher teach our class, so he didn't teach me anymore, but we would still say 'hello' to each other as we pass each other at times.

The thing is, I'm leaving my school next week, and I just want to tell him how grateful I am for everything he's done for me. But I don't get the chance to have a conversation with him anymore, just a quick greeting as we walk past each other.

Would it be weird if I sent him an email saying how thankful I was? (school email, of course)

I just don't want him to see me leave without me saying thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
This ISNT a student-teacher relationship, I just wanted to make this post anonymously so had to post it in this section.

At the beginning of the school year, I was taught by this teacher. He helped me a lot with some issues like bullying in the class, and understood my personality as we are very similar. However, half way through the year, we had this trainee teacher teach our class, so he didn't teach me anymore, but we would still say 'hello' to each other as we pass each other at times.

The thing is, I'm leaving my school next week, and I just want to tell him how grateful I am for everything he's done for me. But I don't get the chance to have a conversation with him anymore, just a quick greeting as we walk past each other.

Would it be weird if I sent him an email saying how thankful I was? (school email, of course)

I wouldn't think of it as weird. :borat:
Original post by Anonymous

Definitely not weird! I miss some of my teachers, only some of them I got a chance to actually say bye too.

Go for it OP :smile:
It's defo not weird!
If he helped you out a lot then it's perfectly fine to email him explaining how grateful you are for what he's done!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending