The Student Room Group

Starting pill free week a day early?

Hi,
Basically, in the first week of my pack I think a pill fell out of my mouth as I went to get water (I'm still not entirely sure that it even did), and went down the plughole. To be on the safe side, I took the last pill of my pack (I wanted to start the pill free week on a Saturday instead of a Sunday anyway as my period takes a while to come), meaning I only have 20 days worth of pills for this month. My question is, do I start the pill free week on the Saturday and then take them again the following Saturday, which'll mean I will have effectively missed the last pill (chance of pregnancy??), or should I go straight on to the next pack for this month and continue as normal?
Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by opalsasha
Hi,
Basically, in the first week of my pack I think a pill fell out of my mouth as I went to get water (I'm still not entirely sure that it even did), and went down the plughole. To be on the safe side, I took the last pill of my pack (I wanted to start the pill free week on a Saturday instead of a Sunday anyway as my period takes a while to come), meaning I only have 20 days worth of pills for this month. My question is, do I start the pill free week on the Saturday and then take them again the following Saturday, which'll mean I will have effectively missed the last pill (chance of pregnancy??), or should I go straight on to the next pack for this month and continue as normal?
Thank you so much :smile:

This really depends which pill you are on, but generally as long as you only take 1 week pill-free it won't make any difference altering by one day. The important thing is that if you lose a pill or forget to take one that you take one immediately, which you have done. People often want to change their pill free week for various reasons so this isn't unusual. As long as you take your pill at the same time every day, then only take 1 week off, then start the new pack straight away you'll be fine. If you are in doubt or panicking about it, speak to your GP as this is the best person to advise you based on the specific pill you're taking. It could also be worth looking into other options such as the progesterone-only pill where you take it every day without a pill free week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending