The Student Room Group

Dilema Work might = argument with parents (Vape Shop Job)

Hi
So I have been vaping ever since I was around 15-16 I stopped smoking fully at the age of 16 and just vaped. It was the main reason I stopped smoking. My parents don't know that. I have been vaping in secrecy my parents often found my vapes and threw them away so I just bought more. I had arguments and issues all the time with them about it. Now that I turned 18 and for a while now they have been joking about it. My brother came back from holiday my mum asked him what did you get for your brother then my dad replied "an electronic cigarette". Ok so the main thing is that they don't know I still vape they just haven't caught me yet. I am currently about to finish my college and looking for work for the summer. TBH my parents are pushing me for this too they stopped my pocket money etc. and I'm getting threats such as if you don't find work you're going to Poland. I want to stay here since I have a girlfriend in London and want to see her some days in the summer. So I decided to apply to a vape shop as I was recommended by a site to do it. So I did I managed to secure an interview but I don't know how to tell my parents? what should I tell them? should I not mention it till the actual interview date? I was thinking not to mention it and on the day get ready and leave and the moment they ask me where I'm off to I would say interview and then they would ask for what ad I would explain how this site sent off my CV to many workplaces and a vape shop got back to me. I don't know I need you guys help and advice. I have a feeling that there might be an argument or they will constantly be against it. At least maybe if I work there I would start not hiding my vape equipment. I don't know what do you guys think. I really like the atmosphere of the vape shop its nice and calm. And why not make some money from a hobby of mine. Plus it's not a chaotic workplace. Let me know what you think I should do.
Regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending