The Student Room Group

Ending first year and moving out of campus

So today I'll officially move out of uni accomodation, leaving campus to live in housing outside uni vicinity, and I keep feeling as if I don't want to move. I don't want first year to end, and I'm dreading my depression will come back again during summer and second year, not being around students and people I've known, and especially because I'm not living with my boyfriend the next year.

I don't know, it's just hard to explain. I've made so many memories here that I can't seem to let go of, I know that in the future ill look back to first year and reminisce it so much so that I'll get depressed.

It's not such a big problem compared to others but I don't know anyone else who feels the same. I don't know how to think myself out of feeling this way.
Original post by Anonymous
So today I'll officially move out of uni accomodation, leaving campus to live in housing outside uni vicinity, and I keep feeling as if I don't want to move. I don't want first year to end, and I'm dreading my depression will come back again during summer and second year, not being around students and people I've known, and especially because I'm not living with my boyfriend the next year.

I don't know, it's just hard to explain. I've made so many memories here that I can't seem to let go of, I know that in the future ill look back to first year and reminisce it so much so that I'll get depressed.

It's not such a big problem compared to others but I don't know anyone else who feels the same. I don't know how to think myself out of feeling this way.

I know what you mean - it's almost perfect, living on campus with all of your friends, lecture halls/uni stuff not being too far away.. I get what you maen :redface:

Today is probably going to be the worst of it all, unless your depression comes in the summer, because you'll be saying goodbyes, seeing an empty room and leaving it all, other than that it should get better. Take it from someone who's just finished living in their private accommodation for the second year - it's not that bad as long as you're living with nice people, and you can still keep in contact with people from the first year, meet up etc, and I'm sure that your boyfriend can still visit you.
It's just a place. You are still at uni, you still have your friends, you'll still see them regularly.

Also from my own experience, not living with your bf/friends is probably a blessing.

Besides, surely half the people in your halls are tossers and you'd enjoy getting away from them?

Quick Reply

Latest