The Student Room Group

Physics P2 Unofficial Markscheme Edexcel.

Scroll to see replies

In the 2nd 6 marker i said this

clothes are more lightweight now, so they have a decreased mass
if you decrease mass you increase acceleration because acceleration = force ÷ mass
a greater acceleration means you achieve a constant velocity much quicker
this increases the average speed therefore you can complete the race in a much faster time.

how many marks would i get for that?
Original post by chrlhyms
you probably could only get 5-6 if you said why it increased or decreased so colliding with ions energy dissipating variable resistor not fixed

I forgot to write that bit :s-smilie: so would I only get about 4 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sed with the new clothes their is less drag so their can be more thrust and it takes long to acheive terminal velocity so u can accelarate more therefore your speed will increase so it will be quicker and new clothes decrease air resistance so u are not held back by air resistance so their are less force trying to push u back so it will speed u up

I sed it in more of a fancy way so how many marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keepyourapology
How did that exam go? Starting an unofficial mark scheme..xD Please add questions as well. :smile:
Special thanks to everyone in this thread, especially grace143. Reps have been given to contributors, however, it has been restricted to 1rep/day.

1 c) Its electrons from the ground to the girl as the girl is positively charged. Says it in the book (the ResultsPlus watch out section)
Original post by chrlhyms
you probably could only get 5-6 if you said why it increased or decreased so colliding with ions energy dissipating variable resistor not fixed

i said that
as voltage increases the current increases
when the voltage is too high
the current decreases
beacsue electrons collide with ions in the lattice
transferring energy to the ions
making the ions move faster
this increases the resistance
so the current decreases
and i also said that the current starts to decrease at appriximately 4.3 volts

i didnt talk about temprature cuz i didnt see that part
Original post by legend.786
I sed with the new clothes their is less drag so their can be more thrust and it takes long to acheive terminal velocity so u can accelarate more therefore your speed will increase so it will be quicker and new clothes decrease air resistance so u are not held back by air resistance so their are less force trying to push u back so it will speed u up

I sed it in more of a fancy way so how many marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

terminal velocity is only for falling objects
Original post by TSlayerr
1 c) Its electrons from the ground to the girl as the girl is positively charged. Says it in the book (the ResultsPlus watch out section)

But that would make the girl negatively charged. She's positively charged so electrons have moved from her body to the ground.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Original post by TheMasterofLife
Isn't the kinetic energy transferred the same as the work done, assuming there is a perfect transfer. Plus it was only 1 mark?

yes u r right it was the same
Original post by DamnDaniel2
But that would make the girl negatively charged. She's positively charged so electrons have moved from her body to the ground.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If the girl is positively charge and she loses electrons, she is more positively charged. Eg. 8 protons and 8 electrons. When she is positively charged, there are more protons than electrons. So now about 8 protons and 6 electrons. She needs to gain electrons now to become neutrally charged. Gains 2 neutrons from earth so she is discharged. Back to 8 protons and 8 electrons.

8 protons=8+charge. 8 electrons=8-
8+ + 8- = 0
8+ + 6- = 2+
gains 2 electrons so
8+ + 8- = 0
neutral again
So how marks should i get for my answer on the last 6 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

She was originally positively charged from exchanging electrons from her to carpet. She is positively charged. When she touches the handle, the electrons from the earth/ground flows through the metal handle to the girl. She gains electrons to discharge her. The spark is not caused by electrons from the girl to handle but from the ground to handle to the girl.
Was it gravitational potential energy to kinetic energy or kinetic energy to gravitational potential energy for the rollercoaster questions (from C - D)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

im fairly sure it was k.e to GPE
She was originally positively charged from exchanging electrons from her to carpet. She is positively charged. When she touches the handle, the electrons from the earth/ground flows through the metal handle to the girl. She gains electrons to discharge her. The spark is not caused by electrons from the girl to handle but from the ground to handle to the girl.

Thankyou! I wrote this in the exam but lots of people said the opposite so I went for the majority. Thankyou for clarifying. :smile:

Original post by haybe2k
im fairly sure it was k.e to GPE

If I did the other way round but used all the correct points, how many marks would I lose?
Thankyou! I wrote this in the exam but lots of people said the opposite so I went for the majority. Thankyou for clarifying. :smile:

If I did the other way round but used all the correct points, how many marks would I lose?

all l0l
Original post by NextGenRemix
Did anyone get 2375000 for the rollercoaster work done question?

no i think what you did was you multiplied the diagonal length by the mass * gravitational force

so i think you did 25*9500*10

the answer is the mass * gravitational force * vertical height

9500 * 10 * 18
In Question 1c, you said the charge flows from the metal to the girl. I'm 99% sure you are mistaken: as I said in a previous post, the charge flows from the girl to the metal - because metals conduct charge. Also the metal door handle (imagine your metal door handle in your house right now) does not have any charge. Where would it have got this random charge from? So the static charge that has built up on the girl then flows to the metal, discharging the girl.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by grace143
In Question 1c, you said the charge flows from the metal to the girl. I'm 99% sure you are mistaken: as I said in a previous post, the charge flows from the girl to the metal - because metals conduct charge. Also the metal door handle (imagine your metal door handle in your house right now) does not have any charge. Where would it have got this random charge from? So the static charge that has built up on the girl then flows to the metal, discharging the girl.

The charge is from the earth.
Would you like me to send a screen cap of what the book says?
The charge is from the earth.
Would you like me to send a screen cap of what the book says?

You could tell me the page number and which book you're referring to; I have the CGP guide and the official Edexcel textbook?
Original post by grace143

ur right the metal doesnt have a charge
but it has atomss which have electrons and the negative electrons from the door handle are attracted to the positive charge of the girl
so electrons flow from the metal handle to the girl causing a spark

im pretty sure u get a mark for saying the metal handle is a conducting meterial.
How did that exam go? Starting an unofficial mark scheme..xD Please add questions as well. :smile:
Special thanks to everyone in this thread, especially grace143. Reps have been given to contributors, however, it has been restricted to 1rep/day.

Spoiler

Also, for question 2d, I think this answer is missing out a couple of important things - but I can't remember how many marks it was worth so might not be important. Anyway I'll put my "improved" (IMO) answer below just in case anyone cares ahah

Fusion works best at high temperatures because this is needed to overcome the electrostatic repulsion of the (positive) nuclei. As the temperature increases, the nuclei move around faster because they have more energy. This increases the number of collisions of nuclei, therefore increasing the rate of the nuclear reaction. This means there are more fusion reactions per second.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending