The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Additional Science B4 C4 P4

Feel free to give us ur opinion and answer for the questions

Scroll to see replies

what did anyone get for the bio 6 marker?
Original post by Scarlett4

i found that hard
Original post by Helpmepickone
i found that hard

Same - i made it up because i didnt know what to say - the other 6 markers were fine though
Original post by Scarlett4

I mentioned about how an increase in light intensity results in the increase in rate of photosynthesis, meaning that light intensity is the limiting factor for the clear bottle. The increase in oxygen levels for that bottle is as a result of oxygen being produced as a by-product in the process.

For the black bottle, the lower the light intensity, the lower the rate of photosynthesis. This condition can be comparable to plants at night, as pondweed respire under that condition which is the reason why oxygen levels drop as oxygen are taken in by the pondweed in order to break down glucose.
Reply 5
Hard, very, very hard.
exam is full was ok
The exam wasn't too hard either. I really screwed up in the Chemistry 6 marker, I balanced the equation but mixed up bonding, I put covalent bonding where the answer was supposed to be ionic and for the first two questions in the C4 section, yep mixed them up too :angry: The rest was easy though, especially the Physics 6 marker, I revised Radioactive Decay thoroughly so I was especially happy about that. :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
i think i got a B but if I'm lucky then i can possibly scrape an A
Reply 9
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme
For the number of neutrons electrons and protons etc.. Were the numbers. 26 24 and 29?
Reply 11
Original post by Eduard-Student
For the number of neutrons electrons and protons etc.. Were the numbers. 26 24 and 29?

I did 29 for neutron, and 26 for electron and proton because protons and electrons have the same atomic number or somethong like that...idk if thats right though?
Original post by ~Lily~
I did 29 for neutron, and 26 for electron and proton because protons and electrons have the same atomic number or somethong like that...idk if thats right though?

Yes that's right I got that aswell😆
In section D, the efficiency for the tree question at the end of the paper was 5% the physics question on calculating the length of the line or something was 40cm
Original post by ~Lily~

Did you remember the 2+ charge on the Iron ion (hahah they rhyme)? The element actually has 2 less electrons as a result of oxidation so therefore, the answer is 24 electrons. But you're right for neutrons and protons as they add up to 55, the mass number :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
What did you guys get for the physics resistance question I got 4.5 ohms.
Reply 16
Original post by Ielite
What did you guys get for the physics resistance question I got 4.5 ohms.

U did 9÷2 u meant to do 5÷2 as 5 was the voltage actually passing through and 9 was the voltage orginally sent but not all of that came out and it was 5
So it was 5/2 ? = 2.5 ?
I found this paper difficult! Was the answer to the physics resistance question 4.5 or 2.5 ohms?
Did anyone get 3.04 for the current or something and choose the 5 amp fuse?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending