The Student Room Group
University of York
York

How lenient are York with grades to meet the conditional offer?

Hi, I am currently holding an offer of AAB to study psychology at York. However I am worried that I will not meet these grades. I was just wondering if any second or third year students have experience with missing their grades? Is there anyone else in the same position as me? Also, what are people's opinions on Constantine college?
No idea about York, but it all depends on how many people meet the offers that year. They then have space left for those who get the same UCAS points, but different grades, those who drop one grade amd those who drop two. The closer you are to the condition the better your chances. The closer you are to the front of the queue, the more chance you ahve of beating someone who is in a similar position to you. If the offers are AAB, then some people will come in below that. Get your results and then on the phone to stake your claim early . If you have any genuine circumstances, then let them know.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by mjbeven
Hi, I am currently holding an offer of AAB to study psychology at York. However I am worried that I will not meet these grades. I was just wondering if any second or third year students have experience with missing their grades? Is there anyone else in the same position as me? Also, what are people's opinions on Constantine college?

Hey, I'm in the same position as you! I actually posted an almost identical thread yesterday. If you find out anything would you mind letting me know? Thank you so much and I hope you do get your grades!
Reply 3
What 999tigger says is correct. Universities want to have all their places filled, so if they still have say, 50 places left and no one else got the required grade they will start asking those that just missed their targets.
From personal experience, I was lucky to get in due to missing the required grades, but that can change.
I'm not sure if you will have had an interview, but I know that they are keen to get people with good interviews in, even if they missed the target grade requirement.
Every department is different, I don't know about yours but I applied for computer science, typical offer was AAA, my offer was AAB and I was accepted with ABB and I know a few people who also missed their offer. No one will be able to tell you anything at this stage, let's hope you didn't miss your offer but even if you did, it might not be the end of the world :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending