AQA English ELLA 3

How did you find this exam?
Reply 1
Did you do the Lang and lit Unit A ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by SgtStiffler
How did you find this exam?

I found it pretty decent to be honest! I was quite surprised at there only being one speaker in Text A but once I got over that they were pretty nice texts and I think I got some decent comparisons. Wby?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Section A was really good loved Text B

Section B The report from Vietnam was a nightmare...never been tuaght how to write an army report before so had no idea.
Reply 4
Original post by Mimthompson
Section A was really good loved Text B

Section B The report from Vietnam was a nightmare...never been tuaght how to write an army report before so had no idea.

How did you go about answering Section B? I didn't really know either so I just basically wrote as if I had personally been on the visit and recalled some of the stuff I'd 'seen' from the text they gave us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought section A went well, even though I was a bit unsure about text C
Section B was just okay, it could go either way
Reply 6
Section A was fine, although having only one speaker made it a bit awkward.
Section B was kinda horrible. The source text was all right but the task left very little room to be creative.
Reply 7
I think I'm the only person who felt like I didn't have enough time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Altun63
I think I'm the only person who felt like I didn't have enough time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I spent twenty minutes extra on Section A which really cost me because I completely underestimated how long it'll take me to properly read the bloody texts - twenty five minutes! Hadn't done any writing practice for many weeks so my pen had been neglected all this time. I could only then spend about 40 minutes on section B: 33 and then 7 on the commentary.

Needless to say, I'm not expecting amazing results but that first question was fantastic! Did anyone do A House in Somewhere? I had no idea how to write a journal entry and they didn't make it clear whether it's supposed to be personal or published for a wide audience. Tbh, I don't envy those who had to do a war report either. Must've been a nightmare. :-\
(edited 7 years ago)
My whole class and I were a bit conflicted on what an "account" actually is - some wrote it as a journal or retelling of events and others wrote it as a report lol
My class were all thrown by the 'account'. Everyone thinks they'll have picked up the majority of marks in the Section A, to be honest. The question on war was nice. Despite their only being one speaker, the spontaneous speech was really rich in terminology - I talked about this first! Text B was chunky, but had a lot of good material - and text C was lacking, but the idea toward war was vastly different. But man.. that Recast and Commentary was terrible. Wrote my account almost like a diary entry - with a date, and even made up a name for myself. It was the only way I thought I could work in opinions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jrzeskiewicz
My class were all thrown by the 'account'. Everyone thinks they'll have picked up the majority of marks in the Section A, to be honest. The question on war was nice. Despite their only being one speaker, the spontaneous speech was really rich in terminology - I talked about this first! Text B was chunky, but had a lot of good material - and text C was lacking, but the idea toward war was vastly different. But man.. that Recast and Commentary was terrible. Wrote my account almost like a diary entry - with a date, and even made up a name for myself. It was the only way I thought I could work in opinions.

I totally agree, the recast was unclear. I did 'Day 1' and wrote it as though the purpose of the... Writing was to gague the view of the war from the media's perspective.
Original post by SgtStiffler
I totally agree, the recast was unclear. I did 'Day 1' and wrote it as though the purpose of the... Writing was to gague the view of the war from the media's perspective.

Yeah I get what you mean. I just did it as if this was the second day with her. I was like "Another day ferrying Princess McCarthy around the base"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending