The Student Room Group

how do UMS points work?

I have my year 12 results sheet from last year which I am unable to understand as in the mark equiv column it says for one of the exam I have 104 with an A next to it when in reality the paper was out of 90 marks! I spent over 1 and half hour trying to figure out but I do not understand. Can someone help please!
Original post by Sammia
I have my year 12 results sheet from last year which I am unable to understand as in the mark equiv column it says for one of the exam I have 104 with an A next to it when in reality the paper was out of 90 marks! I spent over 1 and half hour trying to figure out but I do not understand. Can someone help please!

here is what AQA say....

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/uniform-mark-scale
Reply 2

thanks for the reply
I have looked at it at least 13 times since yesterday it does not make any sense.
I think the results slip is the confusing part.
Original post by Sammia

It could've been English or another subject where's there's coursework and exam assessed 40/60 respectively? In that case you achieved 104/120 UMS and your coursework will be out of 80 to make an overall UMS score out of 200. Hope that helps!
Reply 4
Original post by retardis
It could've been English or another subject where's there's coursework and exam assessed 40/60 respectively? In that case you achieved 104/120 UMS and your coursework will be out of 80 to make an overall UMS score out of 200. Hope that helps!

that is the funny part its not it is a sociology where the is no course work simply two exams one exam it says 54 with a c and on the next one it says 104 with a. I got a B overall. this is confusing as hell
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest