The Student Room Group

Do I get involved?

Hey there,

So one of my best friends is currently abroad volunteering for 3 months. As there is a big time difference her boyfriend is very upset and so I've been checking in to make sure he's okay at the request of my friend.

He has just told me that he is going to propose at the airport when she comes back, this all sounds lovely, accept my friend has told me that she definitely does not want him to do it there... (she's a bit picky)

Now, this technically has nothing to do with me, but is it a good idea to maybe hint to him that it's not a great plan, I don't want to tell her as it will ruin any surprise... Do I just sit awkwardly pretending to support this idea? I'm not great friends with him really so I can't be as blunt as I would with my friends, haha.

Any help would be amazing
Thank you!
I would perhaps try and warn him off the idea. You could try and white lie and say she's mentioned before about how she wouldn't like it. I would try to avoid telling your friend as it sounds as though she would bring it up to him, which would make you sound untrustworthy.

If he doesn't get the hint then just straight up tell him it's not a good idea, if he's mature he'll listen to you, but unfortunately if not, I would just have to let the situation play out, and if your friend finds out you knew all along, then just say you tried to warn him off the idea, but didn't want to ruin it for either of you nonetheless.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending