Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

25 year old female joining Islam. Advice?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I live in the UK and I want to join Islam because of how welcoming it is.

Can muslims on here give me advice?

Will I have to learn Arabic?

How many times will I have to read the Qu'ran?

You don't need to learn Arabic it you can learn how to read it so you are able to read the Qur'an, and there's no set time on how many times you should read the Qur'an as much as you can would be the best answer tbh, although you have to pray 5 times a day and learn some short verses of the Qur'an in order to so do.

That is really great, mashallah. In terms of advice, I am not a revert, so maybe seek advice from reverts.Other than that I'd say have an access to someone knowledgeable and trustworthy who will answer any questions you have. Like an scholar, an Imam at a mosque.Learning Arabic is great, but it's a process- I am still currently learning Arabic. I know how to read Arabic, and you might have to do that, in order to pray in Arabic.I also read an English translation, alongside it.I feel the Qu'ran is less a book you finish and are over with, but a constant guide.So always, as much as you can. It purifies your heart brings you closer to Allah.In terms of learning to read it, inshallah it will be easy for you. Just know that your struggle to learn even how to pronounce a letter a word, can have a greater reward than those who are able to do but do not.My advice, probably is hugely helpful, but if you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

Will you have to read the qu'ran yes but it will not take to long to learn Arabic is not necessary to become a Muslim

Troll thread
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.