Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Performing Arts at Higher Level

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    So, I'm planning to carry on studying performing arts (dance & drama) after I have finished my A-Levels, but I'm unsure about whether I want to attend a specialised PA facility or a uni that also offers other courses apart from PA.
    I'd appreciate any advice about which is better and how different the experiences are.


    Do you want to become an actor? I would recommend going to a Drama school as they provide better opportunities than a regular university, such as a end of year show which you can potentially gain an agent and more. Also you should try to audition for the national youth theatre. Lastly if you live around east and south london there a part time drama school call identity school of acting , where john boyega attended.
    • Thread Starter

    Thank you for your advice. I'm unsure whether I want to become an actress or teach drama at a school/college, but I will look into PA schools. Unfortunately, I live in Manchester, but I am interested in studying in London and the surrounding areas.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.