The Student Room Group

Poll: Edexcel M2 17th June 2016 (UK Paper)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Impulse was given as magnitude, that's for sure

probably the value was 3root10
Original post by ombtom
Are you sure the impulse was a vector? If so I'm very confused :biggrin:

2root10. I remember the square was 40 xD
Original post by ombtom
Are you sure the impulse was a vector? If so I'm very confused :biggrin:

Hahah, never mind, I'm talking rubbish. I think I got confused with another question. Sorry! It was definitely a magnitude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stfu ur just a dumbass
Reply 64
Literally so frustrated. Did all the past papers and Solomon papers and didn't get less than 70/75 on them. Get to this paper and run out of time and didn't finish 2 of the questions and missed out the 4 marker on work energy principle because didn't have enough time. Anyone else run out of time?
Original post by TKA1998
On the last question I made an arithmetic error that meant I got the wrong speed for B and therefore subsequently used the wrong values in part b and c how many marks would I likely loose

Same here. But what I then did was pick up my pen and write down the correct answer so I can get full marks.
Original post by ombtom
Can you(/anyone) remember what the value of the impulse was in question 3? And was it u = (ci + 2cj), v = (2ci - cj), m = 0.6kg?

10/3
Original post by ombtom
Can you(/anyone) remember what the value of the impulse was in question 3? And was it u = (ci + 2cj), v = (2ci - cj), m = 0.6kg?

I believe the given value was 10√2. And those values look right for u, v and m.
No, wait, 2√10 sounds more realistic for I, sorry.
Original post by jodyb
Literally so frustrated. Did all the past papers and Solomon papers and didn't get less than 70/75 on them. Get to this paper and run out of time and didn't finish 2 of the questions and missed out the 4 marker on work energy principle because didn't have enough time. Anyone else run out of time?

mate,

after getting 65/75 fp2 guessing thats A*, and 70/75 in s3 probably A*, i **** this paper up and get around 50-55/75.

Its actually a piss take.
Reply 70
Original post by mehtj006
mate,

after getting 65/75 fp2 guessing thats A*, and 70/75 in s3 probably A*, i **** this paper up and get around 50-55/75.

Its actually a piss take.

Glad someone else feels the same, that exam did take the piss.
Time shortage was very frustrating
i won't expect a great drop at grade boundaries
Original post by jodyb

I didn't run out of time but on a similar boat here. I attempted every single question but did not feel confident at all while doing them. I couldn't do the first question because I nearly s*** myself when I saw it. The last question I had about 7 minutes to do it. I did the first part correctly but I couldn't do the last parts because I instead putting the velocities in I=m(v-u) I put the speeds in :angry::angry::angry::angry:. Then I spent the last 2 minutes figuring out why my coefficient of restitution was so high.

The paper as a whole wasn't that bad but definitely more difficult than previous papers and definitely harder than June 2013. Probably 56 for an A for this one if June 2013 was 58 for an A.
Not the easiest m2 paper. I messed up the statics problem but still got an answer for d. Hoping to get an A overall but id probably take a B grade if it's on the high side of the 70s. Grade boundaries should be similar to June2013R and Jan 2010

1.) this was not too bad, they gave you all the information in the question and it was just a bit of substitution. The wording of part 2 threw me off.

2.) easy work done and work energy, suprised to see the only question on energy in the paper was worth 4 marks considering how large of a topic energy is.

3.) impulse, wasn't too bad. I was still confident at this point

4.) left this one till the end for some weird reason, managed to get an obtuse angle which made sense to when I drew it on the diagram.

5.) I think I messed up one of the equations and led me to getting a small value of d. A hard problem but not impossible

6.) I have never felt shock like how I did today when reading that question. Left this one until the end. At this point I had gotten into the habit of skipping questions at the first sight of difficulty. Actually wasn't that bad when I revisited the question and my answers roughly match what I've seen on here. I thought it was very unreasonable that without part a you could get no marks for part b.

7.) not too bad but have a feeling I made an error somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So annoyed with the paper, hate M2 worst maths for me struggled with it all year and recently been getting C's and B's on the papers and then this I think i got about 5 marks. Genuinely didnt know what to do for nearly eery question
Original post by ombtom
This should give some indication of grade boundaries.

Raw marks required for grades A and A* since 2009:
Jan 2009: 63
Jun 2009: 62
Jan 2010: 53
Jun 2010: 61 (68 A*)
Jan 2011: 62 (68 A*)
Jun 2011: 68 (71 A*)
Jan 2012: 68 (71 A*)
Jun 2012: 57 (64 A*)
Jan 2013: 64 (69 A*)
Jun 2013: 58 (65 A*) (01), 55 (62 A*) (01R)
Jun 2014: 64 (69 A*) (01), 63 (69 A*) (01R)
Jun 2015: 64 (69 A*)

Average: 61.6 (67.7 A*)

what will b the grade boundaries for m2 ial
how was m2 ial
Reply 77
Higher or lower grade boundaries than June 2013?
Original post by target21859

ur sayng for ial o gce paper
Original post by target21859

A tad bit higher than June 2013.
Quite a bit higher than June 2013 R

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending