Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Bath insurance choice accomodation

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

How hard is it to secure accommodation at Bath University if you get accepted into Bath, but as an insurance choice? I know they say that accommodation is not guaranteed for these people but how likely is it that you would have to find private housing? Only asking as I would like to deal with accommodation as a priority if I do not get into my firm choice.

Hi! Sorry no one has replied in so long!

Well speaking from experience, I've just finished my first year at Bath and it was my insurance choice. Obviously I didn't have a chance to apply for accommodation until I got my offer on results day. I applied like all other insurance people, or others who had forgotten to apply beforehand. The only option we all had was John Wood in the city, however I didn't get this and a lot of people didn't either!

The year I joined they accepted too many people and couldn't accommodate them, however I don't think anyway moved into private accommodation (unless they wanted to). I got put into Eastwood - they converted Eastwood 20/21 which were previously office blocks a week before we came. We had no oven/proper kitchen, only a microwave and fridge. It wasn't the best, as I was sharing for the first 2 months. We got our proper kitchen over Christmas, and we got the accommodation really cheap - the cheapest on campus I think, even cheaper than the normal shared Eastwood! But because we had no kitchen we were forced to have catering credit and to eat dinner and that on campus. A bit annoying as the choice wasn't great!

Anywho... don't worry about it! They really tried to help us out this year, and we all got accommodation! A few were shared to begin with, but they were all moved to single within 2 months maximum. I was probably sharing the longest as I had the worst conditions (being on campus and all).
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.