Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

UWE accommodation dilemma

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

HI, i've just accepted an unconditional offer at uwe recently. I applied a little late on ucas after deciding i wanted to change unis.

I applied for accommodation today, and called uwe accommodation services to find out that accommodations where full (ughh). I called up a land lord and explained the situation and he told me that there is a extremely high chance i will hear back from uwe with accommodations, not only because it's my first time registering at uwe but because i have an unconditional offer.

I don't know what to do, wait or start looking for private accommodations, I have a few lined up, but the landlords insist i wait, due to the fact if i do get an offer and decline the landlords, he wouldn't want to be wasting my time, and also his own.

I don't know what to do, if i wait and don't get a place in accommodations, I will most likely lose the rooms I liked in private.A.

I have a super similar dilemma, I didn't like my course in Chester last year so reapplied for uwe this year and got an unconditional offer as I have my grades already. I'm too late for UWE accommodation and although it MAY fall through on results day when people dont get their first choices, it's a bit of a risk. My friend applied early on but has been placed near the city centre which is miles away from Frenchay campus (we both live in Bristol so know the area well...). I'm also a bit stuck on what to do about this myself.

I feel like applying for private accommodation would be the best option, but obviously living in halls would be amazing. Living in halls does come with an extra large price tag though of typically double the cost of private accommodation. With that in mind I would be inclined to go for private accommodation. You have to remember that the landlord is thinking on what would suit him best, in actual fact he has no interest in you specifically staying in his property, and he knows full well that in the time you wait in hope of a better offer, he will 100% fill those rooms with willing tenants. Therefore I wouldn't take his advice on board fully.

Where are you looking for accommodation? My friend and I have found somewhere decent for about £325 per month each (half the price of halls) and it's close by. Bit of a big question and we're still looking into this place but there's possibly 4 rooms available if you're interested, we're yet to look around the place but it seems great!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.