The Student Room Group

OCR C3 (not MEI) Official Thread - Tuesday 21st June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shazaad39
Guys for Question 4, I can't seem to find B in the second equation it's given. Can anyone help me with this please? Many thanks.

The second equation that is given is: sinBsec^2B = 27cosBcosec^2B

sinB(1/cosB)^2 = 27cosB(1/sinB)^2
rearranging (sinB/cosB)^3 = 27 so tanB=3
Original post by Baileyprice1234
I did exactly that method but didn't get those answers! Must have made a stupid mistake somewhere along, so annoying! Thank you though!

Yh It was a really easy to make a mistake on that question I had to do it 3 times before getting the correct solution.
Original post by Vikingninja
What did people get for the number next to t in question 3 so then they could find the mass?

1/5ln(4/5) or 4/5ln(1/5) can't quite remember but it was deffo one of the two.
Original post by AsphodelMist
1/5ln(4/5) or 4/5ln(1/5) can't quite remember but it was deffo one of the two.

I remember 4/5 in it though I showed it as a decimal in workings.
I hope everyone wrote .dx on their integrations, OCR have started being picky on people being slack with notation. I'm always guilty of it :'(
It was 1/5ln(4/5) as you start with 160=200e^5k
Original post by Vstudent13
It was 1/5ln(4/5) as you start with 160=200e^5k

Don't know what I did but got it wrong, but if I had k wrong in the first part do you reckon I would've for error carried forward marks in part (ii)?
I'm sure as long as sure method is correct you won't lose all the marks
Original post by micycle
And no rates of change either. That's time spent learning 1/4 of the syllabus wasted.

I completely agree! It was utterly ridiculous. The grade boundaries should be lowered for that reason alone. I think it consisted mostly of tricky trig and calculus questions, and the weightings were somewhat strange as well. Fingers crossed for low grade boundaries!
Original post by jeevanr21
I completely agree! It was utterly ridiculous. The grade boundaries should be lowered for that reason alone. I think it consisted mostly of tricky trig and calculus questions, and the weightings were somewhat strange as well. Fingers crossed for low grade boundaries!

I certainly hope so! Much harder than past papers I've done. Average of A was 54 so lets hope this is 1 or 2 less.
Is there a community MS?
Original post by GeorgeMath
Is there a community MS?

Yeah if you go back a few pages you should find the Google doc :smile:
Original post by sophiewei
I certainly hope so! Much harder than past papers I've done. Average of A was 54 so lets hope this is 1 or 2 less.

I hope so too! I cried after the paper, I have to say it seemed to be a completely different format to the past papers. I messed up one or two which I know I could've got, but mostly it was unfamiliar questions that caught me out. I'm really hoping to scrape an A* somehow!
Reply 333
Does anyone have the C4 2015 paper
Original post by Dom1997
From the unofficial mark scheme I think I got anywhere between 69-59 marks (Being as harsh as possible and taking all answers I've forgotten as 0 marks for the lower bound) What range of Ums scores do you think I've gotten?

Who knows?! Past averages have been 54.5 for 80 UMS and 60.9 for 90 UMS.
I know it's a bit late now but would I be likely to get the mark for the range of G if I put between minus infinity and infinity? For some reason I forgot that "all real values" is a thing :dontknow: I doubt it, but it's worth a shot
Guys I know it was a few days ago but you know for question 6, if I used simultaneous equations and solved them and they worked for my equations but weren't the correct answer how many marks would I get out of the available 8
Hi does anyone remember the first Q exactly, like the equation of the curve .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending