The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough leniency?

i have an engineering offer that is ABB with at least a B in maths. I am likely to get BBC with a B in maths.

Does anyone know of loughborugh leniency?
Reply 1
Original post by nukeproof
i have an engineering offer that is ABB with at least a B in maths. I am likely to get BBC with a B in maths.

Depends a lot on what engineering course. What course did you apply for?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
I got on to the Civil course with ABC when they wanted AAA however I did have two extra AS Levels at B and D grade; among other things.
Although worth noting my C grade was a couple of marks off a B grade (fml)

So I'd say pretty lenient, good luck! :h:
Original post by Summit
Depends a lot on what engineering course. What course did you apply for?

civil
Original post by Kieran1996
I got on to the Civil course with ABC when they wanted AAA however I did have two extra AS Levels at B and D grade; among other things.
Although worth noting my C grade was a couple of marks off a B grade (fml)

So I'd say pretty lenient, good luck! :h:

what a levels did you do? do you know of a lot of people who missed their grades but got in for the civil course?

thanks
what a levels did you do? do you know of a lot of people who missed their grades but got in for the civil course?

thanks

I did Physics, Maths and Design & Technology (also English Literature and Further Mathematics at AS Level)
I'm not a L'Boro at the minute so I can't tell you about others unfortunately :frown:

Hi nukeproof

I think this depends really on the volume of applications the department receives and also the grades for these applications, but I would say that our Engineering courses are very popular and much sought-after so this will likely affect grade leniency in this instance. The best people to check with would be the admissions office for the Department of Civil and Building Engineering - you can get them on 01509 222637 or at [email protected]

Hope this helps :smile:

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending