Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

EU Student Application Process

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hello dear SFE Team,

I've sent off my loan application for EU students about ~6 weeks ago. I have made an SFE online account aswell because I did not realise that EU students can not apply online, at the time. However, I included by Customer Reference Number on my physical paper application non the less. This wont cause any issues or confusion, will it? (I made it clear that im not a UK citizen in the application)

1) Today I realised that I have recieved correspondence letters on my SFE online account. It says "Medium: Post", but non of the correspondence letters reached me by post or email, not even the ones from 1-2 weeks ago. How can this be? I double and tripple checked by adress on both my online account and my physical application.

2) In the correspondence section of the online account I have also recieved a (Financial) Notification Letter (1st June) in which it says:

Course Fee amount: 9000 GBP
    Maximum Loan available: 9000 GBP
    Loan Request: 0 GBP
    Loan to be paid: 0 GBP
    The amount you need to pay to your current university/college: 9000 GBP

Why does it say 0 GBP when I made sure to ask for the maximum available? I should technically meet the requirements.

3) Provided things work out, what will the next steps be? I have not yet been requested to provide evidence for the household income, so I assume this will be the following step?. Do I need a UK bank account when I study in England? (As an EU student)

Thank you for the help in advance!
    Im happy to provide my Customer Number via PN if this is necessary for some reason.

Im also looking for a suitable contact E-mail for SLC. I have only found phone numbers, which is very inconvenient for EU applicants.

I found an SLC Email for EU applicants on my Universities home page, but when sending it off it said "Error 550 - user does not exsist". It must be old and out of use.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.