The Student Room Group

Postgrad loans

I'm a student in Scotland, and was educated in Scotland for secondary education. However, I was raised in England for primary and my family still have a house there. Would I be eligible for the postgraduate student loan through SFE?
Original post by Calllu-m
I'm a student in Scotland, and was educated in Scotland for secondary education. However, I was raised in England for primary and my family still have a house there. Would I be eligible for the postgraduate student loan through SFE?

You need to normally live in England to apply and have lived in the UK for the last three years. The way I see that, it means you would need to provide an English address when applying, which is where all paper correspondance would go to. If you could do that then from what I can see it appears you'll be fine. However don't hold me to it.
Reply 2
I agree with jelly, above. You need to prove that you have been "ordinarily resident" in England - so have a residential address in England, be registered to vote at an English address, be paying Council Tax in England, registered with an English GP/dentist etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending