The Student Room Group

AQA MPC4 Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

How come there's two answers to question 4b??
Original post by Qcomber
You just had to find the cos of the angle between L1 and L2.

yeah i know but i think my working out for it was correct with A.B=lallblcosx
but i think i may have worked out line AB wrong for line 1 if i got the direction of line AB wrong but then subbed that into the a.b=lallblcosx corecctly but worked out the wrong answer, u think i could scrape some marks?
Reply 42
For question 8, I got the wrong k value, but the rest of my working was correct. How many marks do you think I got for the question? Same thing happened with question 7(a). I made a mistake somewhere when substituting 2/3 into my separate differential equation for y. In other words, I found out dy/dt and put 2/3 into that before finding dy/dx.
Original post by Oalasow
For question 8, I got the wrong k value, but the rest of my working was correct. How many marks do you think I got for the question? Same thing happened with question 7(a). I made a mistake somewhere when substituting 2/3 into my separate differential equation for y. In other words, I found out dy/dt and put 2/3 into that before finding dy/dx.

You probably get most of the marks since that question 8 used the first part to help with the second; so it may just be an ECF.
Btw for the 7 mark binomial question if I expanded everything right but accidentally put 3/4 instead of 3/2 in front of one of my brackets, how many marks do you think I would lose. Since I even wrote 9/2 x 3^-1. I think I lost a couple marks in the paper just for copying down errors. :/
Reply 45
Original post by Parhomus
Btw for the 7 mark binomial question if I expanded everything right but accidentally put 3/4 instead of 3/2 in front of one of my brackets, how many marks do you think I would lose. Since I even wrote 9/2 x 3^-1. I think I lost a couple marks in the paper just for copying down errors. :/

Probably just one accuracy mark.
Please If you aren't sure of your answers don't make an unofficial mark scheme some of these are wrong
Reply 47
Original post by chickendipnomics
Please If you aren't sure of your answers don't make an unofficial mark scheme some of these are wrong

Which is wrong? they look all correct to me.
Reply 48
Original post by Qcomber
Which is wrong? they look all correct to me.

Agreed
-69/2 is wrong its -57/2 I checked using graphical calculator and I got -69 initially but upon checking I got -57
Original post by C0balt
Agreed

-69/2 is wrong mate

Quick Reply

Latest